Epilogue

SM's first mistake.

That was what we were called when we first debuted. People bashed us as if it was their favourite hobby. According to people, debuting in the SM Entertainment's boy group was a guarantee of success, but it was a disaster in the early days.

From hungry stomach to sleepless night, dancing as if our lives depended on it, that was how hard we went to improve ourselves. We were trained to be a person who was to be a perfect fit for people's ideology. Their compliments, comments were our final result for the years of training we had.

We were supposed to be ready for everything. The love. The hate. But, no matter how hard you try, there would come a time where you just want those voices to stop.

To just breath.

It was one of those nights. I wanted to breath. I sneaked out of the dorms around 7 as soon as we came back from practice. No, we didn't come early, we just came back here after almost two days. Everyone was exhausted, so they went to sleep after having a sorry excuse for dinner. I just wanted us to eat something delicious, but maybe waiting would do some justice.

Putting my hands in the pocket of my black jacket, I checked my appearance in the rear mirror of some random car. Cap check. Face mask check. Oversized clothes check. I took a deep breath, and walked towards the market. Our mini album was coming in a few days, and I didn't want to cause trouble for other members, so I tried to stay low.

Bright lights, delicious smell of street food, and people enjoying someone's company while listening to street artists, it was such a beautiful scene for someone like me, who hadn't been out for months now. As I passed by the crowd, I heard soft strumming nearby. The reason why I stopped to look for it was the familiar chorus.

"Urin deo isang nuneul maju haji anheulkka?
Sotonghaji anheulkka? saranghaji anheulkka?"

Someone was singing an acoustic version of our debute song, 'Mama', and it sounded beautiful.

"Apeun hyeonsire dasi nunmuri heulleo
Bakkul su itdago bakkumyeon
Dwendago malhaeyo mama. mama."

I followed the sound of the guitar, and turned to another street. Only few persons were gathered there as a teenage girl played our song, and she was singing it beautifully. Her perfect pitch, and technique made me rethink my own vocals. Yes. I was insecure. Lifting my head, I watched people placing money in her cup. She didn't look someone from rich family, but she did look hardworking.

"Whose song was it?" one of the teenagers asked.

"EXO," There was something about the way that girl replied that it made me happy. Her eyes were shining, and I knew that moment she was our fan. One of the few fans we had.

"EXO? They're flops," Another one scoffed. "Big Bang is best!"

"Big bang is best, but I'm talking about EXO," the girl frowned. "You didn't even know who Exo is, and you're calling them flops? You're a jerk."

"Ya!"

"Go away," the brunette started packing her guitar, and I could see her whole face turning red. She was angry. I found it cute that she was getting angry over someone calling us out.

"EXO are flops," the group of teenagers pushed her down, and walked away.

"Ya! EXO is going to be successful one day," the brunette exclaimed, and sat again as she zipped up the guitar bag.