💕You're My Ace!

Nishinoya cusses under his breath as he receives another one of Kageyama and Hinata's spikes, yelling for them to keep going.

The third years watch from afar worrying for Nishinoya as he seems to be a bit annoyed about something.

“Hey Asahi, you noticed it too right?” Sugawara sweat dropped.

“It's pretty obvious...” Asahi replied as he watched the libero closely. The libero let's out a low growl, that was somehow still audible to Asahi. Asahi shuddered. “Yep, he's angry”

Sugawara let's out a laugh as he pats Asahi's back. “Go calm him down” Sugawara ordered with a grin. Asahi looks at the grey haired senior with a mortified face.

“Suga I—” “You're the only one who can calm him down, Asahi” Sugawara cuts his protests off with a close-eyed grin. Asahi looks to Daichi asking for help in trying to convince Sugawara that he can't calm down his junior.

“Sugawara's right, Nishinoya doesn't listen unless it's you, well, other than Coach and Kiyoko” Daichi shrugs.

Asahi looks at them as if they had just betrayed him, before begrudgingly trudging towards the angry Nishinoya who was drinking water on a bench.

Asahi gently taps Nishinoya's shoulder, making the junior whip his head to face Asahi. He flinches before sighing.

“Are you okay? You looked really mad while receiving Hinata's spikes” Asahi comments.

Nishinoya clicks his tounge in annoyance before answering “I'm fine” Nishinoya replies with a slightly annoyed tone. “I'm always here to talk you know, I don't judge” Asahi states persistently.

Nishinoya doesn't give in, turning around in an attempt to seem angrier. Asahi frowned slightly before pulling him into his lap and burying his face in Nishinoya's black hair, trapping the smaller male in his embrace.

Blood rushed to Nishinoya's face making him turn red. Nishinoya struggles in his grip asking him to let him go, Asahi doesn't answer. Eventually, he accepts his fate and mutters something inaudible.

“Could you repeat that, Noya?” Asahi asks. Nishinoya's face radiates more heat than before, Asahi turns said boy around to look at each other face to face.

Nishinoya's face was dusted with scarlet red and he was slightly pouting with his arms crossed. Asahi chuckled and added a small 'please' to his request.

“F-fine... Since you asked so nicely!” Nishinoya exclaimed feigning confidence/annoyance. Although it was easily overlooked.

“W-well... I heard a girl was gonna confess to you today... A-and I... Uh... I got mad... B-because you're the ace a-and...” Nishinoya turned redder with every word he managed to stammer out, eventually just shutting up and shoving his face into Asahi's chest.

Asahi let out a heartily laugh, patting the back of Nishinoya's head gently. “You were jealous that I had an admirer?” Asahi asked looking down at the junior with a small smile.

“N-no, well... Yes, but I think I was more mad at the fact that a girl could take you away from me” Nishinoya blurted. They both stared at each other for a good few seconds before they both turned red from embarrassment.

“I-I'M SORRY! I WASN'T THINKING!!” Nishinoya exclaimed jumping out of his lap, grabbing the attention of everyone in the gym.

“NOYA DID YOU KISS ASAHI?!” Tanaka screamed. They both turned to the energetic Kiyoko simp with flushed faces.

“RYU NO I DIDN'T I SWEAR!!” Nishinoya yelled in a panic, flailing his arms around. Tanaka grinned and gave him a thumbs up, which only made Nishinoya more flustered, who knows what that meant.

“Alright! That should be it for today, let's clean up” Coach ordered. Everyone let out a tired 'Okay' other than Hinata, of course.

Asahi and Nishinoya were in charge of arranging everything in the storage room. The awkward tension was very much present between the two, curse you, Tanaka.

“S-so... About what you said...” Asahi trailed off.

“I-I'm sorry!” Nishinoya stammers.

Asahi chuckles patting the junior's hair “It's fine... Uh... What Tanaka said earlier...” Asahi seemed conflicted. How am I supposed to bring up the fact that I wanna kiss him?! Asahi silently panicked.

“O-oh uhm...” Nishinoya seemed to be a bit more mindful with his words. A thousand scenarios running through his head

“C-can I...?” Asahi asked, bringing Nishinoya back to reality. “C-can you... W-what?” Nishinoya asked hesitantly.

“C-can I kiss you...?” Asahi repeated. Nishinoya's heart raced, he nodded and closed his eyes, not being able to trust his words.

Asahi leaned down placing a quick peck on Nishinoya's lips. Nishinoya opened his eyes before pouting.

“You said a kiss! Not a peck!” Nishinoya whined. Asahi flinched in surprise before leaning back down and giving Nishinoya another kiss, long enough for Nishinoya to kiss back.

“Hey love birds! We're heading home, you two should too and make out there!” Sugawara's voice yelled with a small laugh at the end.

Nishinoya and Asahi pulled apart immediately after hearing his voice.

“Suga!!” Asahi yelled running after the grey haired setter while said setter laughed.

Nishinoya licked his lips a little before smiling and packing his stuff in his bag. Nishinoya seemed to be the last one to leave, with a sigh, he walked to the exit.

“Noya!” Asahi called. Nishinoya sped up and ran towards Asahi.

“You waited for me?” Nishinoya asked. “Of course! I'll walk you home” Asahi smiled.

Nishinoya looked at Asahi curiously while walking in silence, comfortable silence.

“So, Asahi... What are we?” Nishinoya asked.

“Uh... I don't know... What do you wanna be, Noya?” Asahi asked. Nishinoya looked up at the stars.

“Hmm... I guess...” Nishinoya's cheeks flushed “I wanna be boyfriends...” Nishinoya muttered. Asahi directed his gaze at the shorter male.

“We could be, if you want” Asahi stated. “Really?!” Nishinoya asked excitedly. Asahi smiled and nodded.

Nishinoya grinned as he grabbed the Ace's hand.

“then that means, You're my Ace!” The libero exclaimed with a large grin.

Asahi let's out a chuckle.

“Yes I am, and you're my libero” Asahi smiled.

☆———💌———☆

Emoji meanings:
💋 - Limey but Fluffy
💗 - Angsty but happy end
💘 - Shitpost
💝 - Celebration
💟 - Headcanons
💕 - fluff
♡ - angst
✨ - pure lime
💖 - smut
💌 - A/N