💕Love Letters

-934 words (Excluding A/N)

Fluff

Unedited

I ACCIDENTALLY POSTED THIS CHAPTER WITH THE TITLE 'Untitled Part 25' I-

-----

Asahi opened his locker to find an unopened envelope, it seemed to have been shoved in around 30 minutes early. Asahi carefully slipped the envelope into his bag and closed his locker before heading to class and reading it there.

'You're a catch, maybe we could be a match?

You're a cutie, although I'm not a beauty

Maybe a poem I wrote, but I hope it'll quote

happy day! hope to see you play'

-Anonymous

(p.s: I suck at poems :P)

a small chuckle escaped Asahi's lips as he slipped it back into his bag and paid attention to class. Asahi slowly started to wonder who sent him that letter. a faint smile ghosting his lips.He met up with Sugawara and Daichi for lunch and they seemed to notice his happy mood. they seemed a little joyed by that, so no questions were asked.

the following day, Asahi received another letter, it was written with the same handwriting as the last one, this envelope seemed to be slipped into the locker's slit a little less forcefully than the first one.

'You seem happy! hope this one isn't too shabby...the smile you give is precious, it leaves me breathlessyou're kind and gentle, I may be mentalbut you're the one who caught my eye, you're always nearby'-Anonymous(I'm getting better :D)

'always nearby...?' Asahi thought, a small smile crept onto his face as he slipped it back into his bag and paid attention to the class at hand.

days and days passed, and not a single one passed without a letter given to him. the poems were sweet and short, they had an energetic vibe to them, yet they were still friendly, and they were never pushy. as Asahi read through the letters, his curiosity would often bubble up. He had asked Sugawara and Daichi, however, they had no clue whatsoever.

Asahi let out a sigh as he sat down on a bench, grabbing the water bottle that was handed to him, he muttered a short 'thank you' before taking a sip.

"Yo! Asahi! You ok? You seem a little down in the dumps" Nishinoya commented. Asahi lifted his head to look at the libero who stood in front of him, Asahi smiled and shook his head "Nope, I'm fine" He assured.

Nishinoya nodded and smiled before going back to practicing with Kinoshita and the others. Asahi shook his head before returning to practice.

The next day, there was yet another envelope waiting to be opened, carefully slipping it into his bag, he walked to class and sat in his seat before reading it.

'A little birdy told me you were upset! during a sunset!Are you okay? Are you a castaway?People will listen, so don't be reminiscentthe beauty of life lies within the confines of our mistakesalthough this might be text, there is one thing I dreadYou want to meet me, don't you? Behind the gymnasium, I will wait.I hope to see you there, yet I hope nothing between us will change'-Anonymous

(5:30 - 5:50 pm)

Asahi bit his lip in anxiety, he was meeting the one who sent him those sweet letters, the build-up was finished and it was time for the climax. Only heaven knew who would be standing there, although the anxiety built up, who knew how he would feel? he didn't.

"You're meeting someone today? after practice?? Are you sure you're safe???" Sugawara asked as if he was a worried mother. Asahi nodded and held his face in his hands, the anxiety building up so much faster.

"We support you, Asahi" Daichi grinned and gave him a thumbs up. a soft chuckle escaped Asahi's lips as he nodded in appreciation.

Asahi sighed heavily as he stopped at the corner to the back of the gymnasium. turning the corner, there stood Nishinoya, holding a volleyball in his hands. Asahi froze in place as he watched Nishinoya intently.

Nishinoya chuckled "About time, you big goof! I thought you chickened out!" He sheepishly laughed. Asahi tried to speak but there was a lump caught in his throat, Nishinoya twirled the volleyball on his finger a sheepish smile on his face.

"Now, you know who sent you those letters..." He mumbled sheepishly before he sighed and gathered his courage once more "S-so! y-you don't have to wear a f-frown anymore!" He stammered.

Asahi stepped back in surprise, he hadn't mentioned anything to anyone but the senior players. which meant that Nishinoya either overheard their conversation or he eavesdropped on them talking.

Asahi softly smiled and embraced the smaller male, the volleyball rolled away as the two embraced for what seemed like forever. neither of the two wanted the other to stop, but they were forced to eventually.

"I...uh- Asahi- I-" Nishinoya tried to form a coherent sentence, however, he could barely even stand properly making him stumble into Asahi.

Asahi softly smiled, silently assuring Nishinoya that he could take all the time he needed. Nishinoya took a deep breath before he started.

"I...uhm...I'm sorry..." Nishinoya mumbled, ashamed. Asahi looked at him with a worried expression. "Why are you apologizing? You make me happy..." Nishinoya cast his gaze away from Asahi as he started to tear up.

"I-I'm sorry for liking you, I'm sure I just ruined our friendship because of my stupid inconsiderate feelings, I'm so-" Asahi brought Nishinoya into an embrace as he gripped his clothing tightly.

"Don't apologize for something you can't control..." Asahi mumbled before pulling away from the hug and smiling "...and for something I could've only hoped for" Asahi added cupping Nishinoya's face. Nishinoya leaned into his warmth as he wiped his tears, a tender laugh escaped his lips as he smiled once more "I guess the love letters approach was more effective than me dropping obvious hints..." He chuckled softly.