Chapter 18

Hey everyone. I hope everyone is doing well. Another chapter is here. I know it is shorter than my usual chapters  but I have good reason. Things are about to get intense, so buckle up and get ready for the chapters to come.
Anyways enjoy.

David

After that confession from mother... my head is spinning. 'No girls? But... what if our baby is a girl? Then what? And if it's a boy? Stay and wait until we fall pregnant again? And then stress about the gender?' I have a sinking feeling in my gut and I'm sure it's a girl.

"I... I... think it's a girl mom..." I whisper as my own tears flow down my cheeks. She looks at me with an expression I've never seen in my life. Terror. "What do I do mom?" I ask her and hope she has a solution for me.

She shrugs her shoulders and looks away. "I don't know David..." she lets more tears run down her face. "But if it is a girl..." she says barely above a whisper. "You need to leave then..." I strain my ears to hear the last part.

When I finally pick up what she just said I think my face says it all. "B-but... we... I..." I can't think of leaving. I can't imagine leaving.

"If you love your child you must." My heart sinks to my feet as I realize she is right, as always.

I stare into nothingness and my mind races. If it's a girl... we have to leave. There's no way on this green earth that I'm killing my own child...

I don't realize mother has left me. I better get sleep before retrieving all Tom's body parts and getting ready for the trip to the market. I get dressed into my fresh pair of boxers.

I climb in next to Molly and I snuggle up against her. I put my hand on her tummy and feel the baby moving, just the thought of having to kill the little one inside of her... it makes me sick... I fall into a deep sleep but it's plagued with nightmares of me having to end a baby's precious and fragile life.

I wake up and the sun has just started to rise, I look at Molly and see she has moved a bit in her sleep. So she atleast is starting to wake up from the shock induced sleep.

I pull myself out of bed and I sit on the edge of the bed. I rub my eyes and stretch my limbs.

Speaking of limbs... I need to go and fetch a few... I get out and decide to bath now, to get it over and done with. After my quick bath, I pull on my clothes and put my shoes on. I tie my laces and get going.

I get downstairs and pass mother and Annie in the kitchen, I just raise my hand to say hi. I'm not I'm the mood for any conversations. I go out the back door and go to the shed. I grab the wheelbarrow and begin to push it in the direction of where the scattered pieces of my brother are.

I stop halfway and curse. I need to get black bags... I leave the wheelbarrow and stomp my way back to the shed. I yank a few and go back to where I was, I get my wheelbarrow and walk towards the torture chamber.

The sky is light now and I see the house, as I approach I see the brutality of my actions. Do I regret it? No. Do I feel bad? Also no. I just feel like I'm going to be reprimanded for going so far.

I groan and begin to pick up the pieces. Literally. I decide to put them in the black bags instead of lay the wheelbarrow and then place them on top. I open a black bag and throw his feet in, then grab his arms and toss them inside as well. Finally I pull the knife out of his eye, I chuck it down on the ground.

I contemplate how to put the biggest part of him in the bag and onto the wheelbarrow. I take the black bag and pull it over his head. I get it over him with a struggle but the black bag only covers his head to just above the waist. I pull a second plastic over his legs and I stretch my back, his body is covered and now for getting him onto the wheelbarrow.

I take a deep breath and I lift him up with a grunt. I struggle to get him onto the thing and finally drop the body almost taking me with him. I put the other bag with the feet and arms ontop of the big bag.

I wipe my forehead and begin pushing the heavy wheelbarrow towards the house. After what seems like an eternity, I get to the back of the house. I continue to push until I'm in the barn, once there I just leave it there.

I head inside to eat breakfast before I leave with Ben. I'm a little nervous of the fact Ben is going to probably see Shane... I'm worried about what Ben will do to the poor guy but now that I might have to leave, that horse is my one only lifeline now.

I sit down at the table but I realize my hands are covered in blood. I excuse myself and go wash my hands. I scrub my brother's blood off of me and I dry my hands. I lean against the sink for a but trying to gather myself. I'm scared shitless. I don't want to lose my child... a child I love so much I'm willing to give everything up without even seeing or knowing what the baby looks like.

I get back to the table and the food has been served. I sit and eat quickly, I look up at Ben and his expression is... weird... I look at father and he nods his head, letting me know he has told him. The table is utterly silent and I don't blame anyone, I mean Molly attacked, hurt and raped? Then me killing Tom? I understand.

Once we finished Ben went to get the animals ready, I quickly jogged up the stairs and popped in to see Molly. I kissed her head and she began to stir, so I hope once I get back she will be awake. Then I can hold her and tell her he will never hurt nor touch her ever again.

Now me and him are walking and it is silent. The market is quite a walk away but it has lots of valuable things. I am hoping that Shane will be there and I can talk to him alone, not that Ben would stick around him.

"Ben..." I start to say as we near the market. He snaps his head towards me as if I hit him. "Look... I understand you don't like-"

"Don't like?" He scoffs. "I hate him David... for fucks sake, he almost ran away with my woman." He spits out at me and I flinch slightly.

"Yeah but... she was the one that-" he cuts me off again.

"What are you trying to say? Huh? That my woman is a slut?" I shake my head.

"No Ben. I'm trying to say that Shane wasn't just in the wrong..." he glares daggers at me and I shrug. "But that was when Annie still wanted to run Ben... and he just fell for her charm, I mean you know how her eyes plead wi-"

"Just shut the fuck up." I take his advice and I don't say anything. "You take the big cow and a sheep to him. And I will then take the other two and get money for them okay?" Before I have a chance to answer he passes me the rope for the big cow and takes the smaller cow's rope.

He walks in the opposite direction that I'm going towards. I sigh as I recall how Ben beat Shane up and then how badly he punished Annie. She manipulated Shane to try and escape this lifestyle. I don't know what all she promised him but he was very willing to help her get away.

But here I am hoping he will do something similar for me and Molly.