Chapter 26

I've finished the book.
So daily updates maybe even twice a day.
Enjoy

David

He charges towards me. I eventually pull myself out of my frozen state, I need to keep my family safe including Shane.

Just before he smashes into me I dive to the right. He grabs my sweater as he falls down to the ground. I hear the ripping sound and I know my sweater is ruined. "I can't fucking believe you David!" He screams as he gets up.

I take a step back and lift my fists, but I haven't been much of a fighter. "How could you betray your family David?!" He asks and I hear the hurt in his voice.

"Because Ben. If I didn't I would be forced to kill my daughter." He circles me with his fists raised as well. I match his pace and walk in a circle as well.

"What are you talking about?" He spits out before he makes the first move, I see it coming and duck as his fist swings above my head. As he pulls his arm back I lunge at him and tackle him to the ground.

I land on top of him with a thud. "I'm talking about, if a girl is born." He tries to throw me off but I manage to stay put ontop of him. I throw a hard punch and hit his face. I wince at the stinging coming from my hand but I don't have any time to shake it off. "You have to fucking kill them!" I shout at him.

He pulls his arm back and hits my side, I groan as I feel a rib crack. He takes advantage of my pain and pushes me off of him. I scramble to stand up again. "Bullshit!" He shouts at me and throws another fist at me. I block it with my arms but he swings his other arm and makes contact with my cheek.

I stumble backwards and I look around for a weapon. Anything. "Father wouldn't do that! He wouldn't make us kill his granddaughters." I shake my head at his ignorance.

He walks towards me and I walk backwards. "Fight me David!" He screams at me but I continue backing away. "You killed Tom! So fight me dammit!" He launches himself at me and this time I can't move quick enough.

Landing on my back, the breath is literally knocked out of me. He now sits ontop of me, I scramble to throw punches at his sides. I get a few good ones before he begins to pound my face.

The metallic taste fills my mouth and I instantly spit it out. It lands on his face, he grunts and wipes his face furiously. I take this opportunity to tell him about our sister. "We had a sister Benjamin!" He stops rubbing and looks at me. "Father killed her!"

He stares at me in disbelief and with all the strength I can gather, I turn forcefully to the right. He falls off of me. I stand up slowly. Trying to ignore the stars I see floating infront of me. "I couldn't think of killing my child."

"You're lying!" He screams and stands up.

"Oh yeah? Ask Mother. Ask her if she had a girl." Out the corner of my eye I see Shane walking towards Ben, he's holding a reasonable size rock. But I wonder if he has enough power to know him out. I doubt it. "I couldn't take the risk! I needed to protect my family!"

"But we are your family!" I scoff.

"What about when you have a daughter? Are you going to kill your newborn baby?" He stares at me and I see Shane raise the rock. "Will you kill your baby girl in cold blood?!" I shout.

Shane swings the rock down as hard as he can, it hits Ben and he falls to the ground. But he isn't knocked out, just disoriented. "Come on let's go David!" Shane yells and limps towards the horse.

I take one last look at Ben before following him. "Sit in front so I can make sure you don't fall off." I say to him. We reach the horse and I see he can't pull himself up.

I bend down and interlock my fingers. "Get on." He steps on my hands and I push up to get him onto the horse. My head spins and once he is up, I fall onto my ass. I hold my head willing the world to stop spinning.

"You okay David?" I groan and shake my head to try and get rid of the sluggish feeling.

"Mmn. Just feeling a bit dizzy." I close my eyes and lean against the horse. I take deep breaths and when I feel like I'm coherent enough to climb on, I reach for Shane's hand. I pull myself up with some help from him.

My head throbs and I feel my face starting to swell. I sit and try to get my bearings. I realise I left the bag with our clothes on the floor. I groan and hop off again, I grab the bag and chuck it onto Shane's lap.

The dizziness calms and I get on myself. I feel proud because I pushed through the pounding in my head and the world that is spinning around me. I let out a sigh of relief and begin to set off again.

Something grabs my foot and pulls me off the horse. I land face first on the ground with a grunt. "You aren't going anywhere David!" Ben yells and begins dragging me by my foot.

"Fuck off Ben! Let me got!" I jerk my leg trying to free myself but he has a death grip on my ankle, my sweater rides up my chest and the rough ground tears into my skin. I grit my teeth and twist my body so that I'm on the side that Ben is dragging me by the leg.

I pull my free leg as close to my chest as I can, then I practically bend the leg that is being held and I pull myself closer to Ben. I kick with my free leg as hard as I can at the back of his knee, I hit my mark and I feel the knee give way, not broken, but more likely to be a sprained knee joint or cracked knee cap, I don't know.

He cries out in pain and crumples to the ground. He lets go of my ankle and grips his knee. "I warned you Ben! Stay away from my fucking family!" I stand up and walk to see his face, he lays on his back holding his knee. I debate on knocking him out or not.

Ultimately I decide to just leave him as he is. "You won't get away with this David! I swear, I will find you and kill you!" I turn around and walk back to the horse. "You're a wimp! A coward! And a fucking disgrace to our family!" He continues to shout at me as I get back on the horse.

I give the horse a small kick and we are finally off. But I still hear Ben screaming like a hooligan, I give the horse a harder kick and he begins to run. Eventually I can't hear my own brother swearing and belittling me.

"It's okay David... he's just a fucking asshole." Shane says from infront of me. I just sigh. I have no words to explain what's going on the inside of myself.

But I need to get to Molly and my babies, then we need to leave as soon as possible. Because I know... Ben will come after me and so will Father.

Everyone is in danger now. Even Jeff. We need to move and find safety soon, before it is too late.