Chapter 33

David

We all are sitting down at the dining table, it feels odd to sit in a house that I know was where I helped commit murder. The twins are fast asleep and the 5 of us are sitting drinking a fizzy drink called soda and eating a delicious cheesy delight called pizza.

Never in my life would I have guessed I would be sitting around a table with people who were not supposed to be a part of my family. And in a house that was where I stole Molly, where I helped kill her family and yet, she loves me as much as I love her.

I look at her and every time I see more beauty in her every single time. But now, she's exceptionally stunning. Her eyes are bright, her laughter is pure, her smile reaches her eyes and beyond.

Her elbow nudging me brings me back to the conversation. "What do you think David?" She asks me but I heard absolutely nothing of what she just said.

"Sorry... can you repeat?" I ask her and she gives me a smile.

"What do you think about this house?" She points to a picture in front of her. I lean in closer and look at it.

It's a double story house with solar panels that will apparently make electricity for us, I don't know how that works, but anyways... its exterior is beige with some wood accents. I look at the yard and it's quite similar to my house... well my old house... it's in the middle of a forestry area with hills stretching in every direction.

I page over and look at the interior, there are gorgeous wood accents everywhere and the staircase has beautiful hand carved rails. I stare in awe at all the wood carvings in each room. There's a total of 3 upstairs bedrooms and 2 smaller ones downstairs, there's a total of 3 bathrooms throughout the house. There's even a barn at the back of the house.

I tear my eyes away from the page and look at her with my mouth hanging open. Her face is waiting. Expecting something from me, but I have nothing, no words to express what I'm looking at.

Her face falls. "Do you not like it?" She asks in a small voice.

"Molly..." I begin and try to keep my voice steady. "It's... beautiful..." her face lights up again and I give her a genuine smile.

"The place is already furnished, we just need cribs but we can buy-" I raise my hand.

"I will make them myself..." I will do that myself, I will build and carve the cribs.

She doesn't even seem phased by that. "I don't know if you saw but there's a barn. I though we could get some livestock? We will have water from town but electricity will come from the solar panels. We won't be too far from the nearest town, but seeing as we're used to being alone I thought this would be perfect?" She looks at me, eyes full of hope.

"It's perfect baby..." I kiss her cheek and turn to see the other's eyes on me. "What now?" I ask with a hint of annoyance.

Shane's eyes sparkle. "Tell him the best part, seeing as he was off in dreamland." I look back at Molly waiting.

"Well... we could get normal jobs... I was thinking seeing that these two dumbo's have decided they want to stay with us that Shane can go into jewelry, there's a shop close by in town. We're about a 10 minute drive from town, Jeff could get like a internship at the clinic." I nod my head liking the idea. "I will stay with the twins until they are old enough to go to school, but I will cook and look after some animals if need be."