Chapter 32

Molly

"For the last time Detective, Shane used to bring us food! If he didn't, we would've starved... and David started helping me plan my escape after Tom hurt me badly!" I shout at the idiot of a Detective, we've been going around and around in circles for what feels like an hour...

"But how did Tom hurt you?" I grab my hair and pull it slightly.

"Do you really want to see? Will it make you feel better? Huh?!" I shout as I stand up, I pull my sweaters sleeves over my shoulders revealing the scars. "He tied me up and cut off my dress... he cut the fucking straps!" The Detective opens his mouth but just closes it, but I have a point to prove.

I fix the sleeves and pull the hem of my sweater to above my belly button. "He was obsessed with knives... he loved it when I screamed..." The Detective looks at his notepad as I trail the faint scar that goes around my bellybutton. "He was going to cut my babies out of me! Look Detective! Look!" I shout at him. He raises his head to look at me. "You think I'm lying? You really think I am? David saved me that night, if he didn't, I wouldn't be here today."

I pull my pants just low enough for him to see the scars by my waist. His eyes look to where my hands are and I see him gulp. "Yes Detective... he cut my underwear off of me... he didn't pull them off, no he got way more pleasure when the knife sliced through the material and my skin. After he got me completely naked Detective, do you know what happened? Can you fucking guess what happened?" I shout at him while fixing my clothes.

He doesn't answer me he just looks away, I slam my hands on the table making him look up at me. "He raped me Detective! But no. You want to find some fucking reason to throw the men who saved me in jail!" I push my chair back further and it falls over, hitting the ground with a loud thud.

"Molly... I am not tryi-" he tries to say but I cut him off.

"Bullshit!" I cry out and run my hands through my hair. "How many times have you asked me to repeat my story?! You're trying to find holes in my story. Even though I was isolated for I don't know how long, it doesn't mean I've gotten stupid!"

I lean against the wall and take deep breaths. "Just leave me and my family alone, you've gotten enough out of me!" He doesn't say anything. It's completely silent for a few moments until we hear shuffling and movement outside.

The door bursts open and David is there, being restrained by two officers, but he still managed to open the door. "Molly? Are you okay?" He struggles to stay in the room as the two officers try to get him out.

"Yes... I'm fine David... thank you..." I say softly to him to try and calm his worries.

"No. I heard you screaming and shouting." He glares at the officers. "Let go of me for fucks sake!" The officers look at the Detective and he nods. They let go of him, he instantly starts fixing his jacket and shirt. "I heard loud crashes, are you okay?"

He walks to me and envelopes me into a big hug. "I'm fine David..." I wrap my arms around him and let my heart slow down.

The Detective ends our moment. "Everything is fine David. Now if you will..." he motions to the door. David tightens his grip on me and I feel him shake his head.

"I'm not leaving her..." he says simply and I clutch his jacket as if it is my only anchor to the world. "I won't leave you..." he whispers into my hair and I nod my head.