Chapter 35

The final chapter!
I want to thank everyone for their support and especially namifish_ for all the reads, votes and encouragement.
I hope you enjoyed the book and if you would like to, have a look at my other books.
Enjoy

Molly

Its been a few months since the close call with Father and Ben. David had to gave blood transfusions and surgery. They had to repair his punctured lung and surgically stitch up the stab wound in his thigh that hit the artery.

Sadly when the police showed up to the house, they were both gone. But the good thing is they don't know where we are, we made sure of that. David and Jeff made sure to get rid every single piece of evidence that involved where we are now.

Life is now great. We're living in the house I chose, Jeff got an internship in the town by the clinic, Shane was able to do some training and we could buy a small jewelry shop which he owns and works in, doing what he loves. David got some livestock, just a few animals, a handful of chickens, a few cows and a couple of sheep. He also started doing woodwork and selling them in town, I've never seen him this happy in all my life.

I started to sketch the beautiful landscapes around us and eventually investing in some paints, to paint the beautiful sunsets or sunrises. I sketched a picture of Mother for David, so he can atleast see her in a picture.

The twins have developed so nicely, they are almost 8 months old now, and to think that in a few months they will be a year old is insane.

Shane and Sue's relationship blossomed. She moved with us and is in her first trimester now, we're going to have another little busy body in the next few months.

Jeff isn't looking for a partner. As the months have gone by he opened up to us, his ex-wife was indeed a midwife but also like... I don't know what you would call her... if a mom was struggling to feed the baby or she wasnt producing enough milk, she would feed them for the mothers. He has 3 kids with her but she left him almost 3 years ago for another guy. A younger and wealthier guy.

I feel sorry for him, she broke him and he will never believe in love again. He has no clue where his children are, she disappeared without a trace. He tried to find them but he couldn't track her down.

Here I am cooking dinner for us. Chicken, rice, corn and beans. Cooking for them is like I used to back at the farm. The twins are starting to eat solid foods now, yay.

I hear a car stop outside and not long after the car stops, Jeff and Shane walk inside looking very suspicious. They are acting like a wall trying to hide something. I lift an eyebrow at them but they give me tight smiles and try to move towards the stairs.

I spot the familiar ponytail swinging behind them. "What are you trying to hide?" I ask.

They look at each other before both exclaiming. "Nothing!" And then run upstairs, leaving poor Sue trying to keep up with them. But the pregnancy is already slowing her down.

I watch as she huffs and puffs her way up the stairs. I just shake my head and check on the chicken. A set of arms wrap themselves around my waist and I can't help but smile as the smell of the man I love fills my senses. "Hello handsome." I say and lean into him.