NEW PLACE, NEW LIFE

"We don't have a choices. We need to transfer you to Astar High."

The principal look sad when he said that. I know it's hard to let go the best student in this school, but, they don't have a choice. This is for my future. This is the best that they can do for me.

Astar High is the private school, the most popular school. Every successful people are coming from there. Everyone want to graduate from that school.

"Don't worry Y/N. We provide the scholarship." He said, didn't make eye contact with me. What can I do? It's for the best.

I nodded. "When?" I said.

"Two days from now." He looked up with sad smile. "I'm sorry Y/N. Everything in this school are not enough for you" he said before continue "this is the best that we can do for you." He about to cry and tried not to, but, his eyes betray him. This is the third times I saw him cried because of me.

I have so many memories in this school, especially with the principal. He is the only one who knows about my past life. Everything about me, he know. It feels like, he is the only family I have even thought he is the principal in this school. I know him after my mother leave me.

He's married but, his wife died from unknown reason because I never asked him. He have a daughter, Yuuna, my classmates.

"Thank you" the only words that I can said. He nodded with sad smile and dismissed me from his office. I closed the door behind me and walk to my class. It's look like all the student already go back home. I admired everything that I walk past. I can't believe I am leaving. I open the door of my class and the first thing I saw is Yuuna, sitting on my table.

When she saw me, she smiled. "You're back" she said. We are not that close, but she still my friend. I walk to my table and take my bag. "I heard you gonna leave this school" she chuckle.

"Is it funny that I'm going to transfer to another school?" I said. She chuckle before she jump from my table and put her hands behind her back.

"No, of course not." She smiled shyly. "It just. . . I can't believe it, you know?" I didn't said anything and just stared at her. She looked down at the floor. I can see a pink shade on her cheeks. She's blushing? I thought.

"Well yeah, I can't believe it too." Okay, this is awkward. I rub my neck and try to think what to say. Before I can say something, she come closer to me. It surprise me and I take 1 step back.

"This is funny" she laugh. She saw my nervous face and I looked away. "Why you looked so nervous? I just want to hug you" she laughed again. "Can I?" Now I looked up to face her.

"No" I said with a smiled. She put her hand on her chest like a dramatic people then she chuckle. She come forward and hug me. I didn't hug her back and just let her until she realised the hug.

She pouted "why you didn't hug me back?" I chuckle, I just realized how cute she is. I give her my hand. First she confused then she nodded, knowing what I mean. We hold hand and I walked her home.

On our way to her home, we had talk so many things. It is fun, sometimes she hit my hand when I teased her and I just laugh. When we arrived at her house we bid our goodbye.

• • •

Two days have passed, and now I'm packing my things to get ready to move out of this house. After a few minutes, everything was done and now the house is empty. Someone knocked on my door and I rushed to the door and opened it. The principal was in front of my door smiling.

"Everything is ready?" I nodded. "Okay, let's go." He said still smiling. I know, behind that smile. He didn't want to show his sadness that I would go. He wanted me to see that he was fine, even though I would leave him.

He opened his car and helped me put my things inside. My stuff is not much, so we do not use trucks. After finishing packing my things into the car, the principal turned on his car engine and drove out.

"If you need something, don't be ashamed to ask from me" He began to say while his eyes were still looking at the road. "Anything. I'm always ready to help." I just nodded my head.

"But, what if I don't want to go to school there? Will you help me too?" I asked. He was silent for a moment as if he was thinking of something. I take it as no.

We just kept quiet on the way to my new apartment. After a few minutes had passed, we arrived at our destination. The principal parked his car in an empty parking lot.

"Y/N" He called me, before I opened the car door. "I'm sorry" He lowered his head.

"Why are you sorry?" I asked.

He pressed his lips. "Because... This is the only place I can find for you and closer to your school."

"Is it too far to go to school?"

"Erm ... If you use a car, it isn't  far, but, if you walk, it is. It takes half an hour." He said.

"It doesn't matter" I said "the important thing is I have a place to sleep. You've done a lot to me" I smiled. "Thank you." I hugged him and he hugged me back. His body shook as if he were crying. I pushed my body away, but, he pulled back.

"Don't," he said. "I don't want you to see me like this." He sobbed.

I laughed as I patted his back slowly. "If we wait until you finish, we will be here until nightfall."

Finally he let go of our hug. "Come on" He said as he wiped the tears from his cheeks and smiled. We got out of the car and took out all my belongings and sent it into my apartment. After everything was done, I sighed.

All right, new place. New life. I thought.