Ten

Mike POV
My clothes were definitely too big for her...
She looks cute. Really cute in my clothes. Jesus! Just move in so I can see you in my clothes all the time.
Y/n walks over to the mirror, looks at her reflection and frowns.
Why is she frowning? She looks gorgeous!
I shivered as memories of El flash through my head. Memories that I wish I could forget, that I don't want anymore.
When we came back downstairs, my mom spots us.
"Oh my goodness! You two are so cute! You guys would be so cute together too!" My mom says as she's wrapping plastic wrap onto the Mac 'n' cheese, "how is El by the way, honey?"
"El and I broke up several months ago, mom! I don't want anything to do with her anymore!" I snap, which was kinda uncalled for. I can feel my face heating up, y/n looked a little pink too.
Before my mom could say anything else I lead y/n towards the basement. Lucas, Will and Dustin smirk at us from the table when we come downstairs.
"What?" I ask a little rudely. I guess I haven't cooled down yet from my mom.
"Nothing." They all mumble at the same time.
We all (except y/n,) talked for a bit before my mom called for lights out.
"Y/n, where would you like to sleep, the couch or your fort?" I asked y/n. She stepped closer to her fort.
"Your fort 'tis m'lady" I said in my bad British accent. The other boys sniggered.
"What?!" I asked them again.
"Uhhh, your accent." Lucas said uncertainly. I snorted as I went to turn off the lights.
"Night guys." I say switching off the lights.
"Night." Mutters Dustin who is already half asleep.
"G'night." Lucas mumbles before falling into a deep sleep full of snores.
"Good night guys." Will says as I'm climbing into my sleeping bag that I had layed out near y/n's fort.
About half an hour later I hear quiet footsteps near me. I opened my eyes and saw y/n's dark silhouette going upstairs.

Y/n POV

I'm hungry. Still. Even though I probably gained 7 pounds tonight. I walk over to the fridge and open it, looking for leftovers. I pull out the plate of pizza.
"Y/n?" A voice from beside me says. I whip around to see Mike standing there. "Sorry, I didn't mean to startle you," I was still frozen (a/n: 2 ;) ) "it's okay, I get hungry at night too sometimes. Can you get me a slice too?"
I grab two slices as he opens a cupboard and gets out two plates, he hands one to me and I hand him a slice of pizza. "Thanks."
I sat down on the floor with me pizza, he slid down beside me.
"Don't worry about anyone hearing us, or me, really. Nancy and Jonathan are probably... you know..."
Yep, I know.
(A/n: I DEEPLY APOLOGIZE NATALIA AND CHARLIE !!!! (Edit:They actually aren't, I just put that in for comic relief(??)))
"My dad falls asleep and doesn't wake up for about ten hours, Holly's the same. My mom drinks a bit too much before bed. The Party is dead asleep... I think. Anyway, once, I accidentally smashed a plate and nothing happened."
I think he expected me to do something, but I did nothing.
"Hey, look. I hope I didn't do anything to offend you or make you mad in any way today. And if I did, I'm really sorry." Mike looks down before looking at me again.
"It's okay." I say. My voice was still croaky.
"Phew— wait! Are you going to start talking now? No pressure or anything."
"I think I'm only going to talk to people I trust."
"You said a full sentence! Stand up and take a bow!" Mike said.
I actually did stand up and take a bow. Mike stood up too to give me a standing ovation. We sat back down and laughed a little.
"So you trust me?" He asked.
"Yeah." I chew off a piece of pizza.
"I'm honoured. Truly."
"You should be. This is my first verbal conversation. EVER."
"Wow." He says, taking another bite of pizza.
"Yeah, before today, I've only said three words in my entire life."
"Seriously? Wow. I'm proud of you." Mike gurgled through a mouthful of cold pizza.
"Yeah. Thanks. Have your proud mamma moment." I joked and we both chuckled.
"I'm surprised that you talk this well."
"I talk in my head all the time. But like that makes a difference."
"Cool, what kinda stuff do you say?"
I pause for a minute, I don't want to worry Mike.
"Usually just sarcastic comments." That was half true.
"Oh haha. Are you going to talk to the rest of the party?" He asks, subconsciously changing the subject, which was a relief to me.
"Yeah probably. But I prefer to listen."
"Cool."
"Yeah."
We finish our pizza awkwardly and get up.
"Well I'm getting tired." I announced, breaking the ice.
"Me too." Mike says stifling a yawn.
"Oh, um do you have an extra toothbrush? I was promised I would get to brush my teeth." I say a little awkwardly."
"Oh yeah of course."
Mike gets me a toothbrush and some toothpaste, we both brush our teeth before we both go back downstairs to go to bed. I crawl into my fort and think about my semi-awkward conversation with Mike, wondering if I should've spoken at all today. I fell asleep before I could muster up an answer.

Word count — 929

Wow this was a longer one my dudes. I hope you enjoyed this one. I'm sorry I haven't been updating very recently, I've been a bit busy. Wash your hands, drink water, stay safe and stay cool.
Love you all.

— Trina