Twenty One

Y/n POV
It was a little chilly outside, maybe I felt that way because I didn't bring a sweater... plus it rained last night.
           It doesn't matter, I'm about to die anyway.
I stopped to grab a cigarette out of my bag. I've already smoked a few, it wasn't that bad.
I walk slowly towards my chosen destination of death exhaling the smoke and looking up to the sky.
            How will it be like when I die? What will happen to me when I die? Will I become a spirit? Will I go to heaven or hell? Do those places even exist? Will I become a ghost or some crazy shit that you hear in horror stories?
              Is this why we kill ourselves? Because the brain knows too much? No that's not why I'm doing this. But is that why others do this? We don't want to live because we know too much about this cruel world? Or that reincarnation is real and we subconsciously remember things from our past lives? Not memories, but facts.
           Past lives or not, it doesn't take a genius to figure out that the world is absolutely horrible.
I continued my last walk.

Max POV
I woke up that morning pretty refreshed I must say, I rolled around and stretched but there were some coloured papers stuck to my forehead. I sat up and took them off. The first one was about how she went to get breakfast, I smiled at that one.
A frown formed on my face when I started reading the second one.

               'Max,
I can't do this anymore. I want out. I want it to end. It's been hurting forever. I can't do it.
Thank you for being my friend for the past week and just talking to me.
Thank The Party for being there too.
Tell my parents that I loved them.
Tell Mike that I really appreciated him while I was around. Tell him that I'm sorry and that, that I loved him.
You guys won't be missing much when I'm gone.
I'm so sorry.
—Y/n'

What the fuck?! I need to— WE need to find her NOW!
I rushed out of her room and to the phone in the kitchen. I quickly dialed Mike's number.
"Hello?" Mrs. Wheeler's voice said.
"Hello, yes, hi. Mrs. Wheeler, it's Max, I'm a— friend, of Mike's. And I need to talk to him immediately, right now, it's an emergency!!!" I rushed out.
"Yes ok..." and then I heard her yelling for Mike, "MIKE! Get down here! Max is calling! She says it's an emergency!"
"FINE!" I heard Mike yell back, before his bored voice was heard more clearly,
"Hello?"
"Mike! It's Max! I need you to come to y/n's RIGHT NOW! Bring the party!"
"What why?"
"Y/n is going to kill herself! I need you and The Party to come!"
"WHAT?!?!"
"Yeah! I'll call Dustin and Will, you call Lucas! Her address is y/a (your address)."
"Ok! We'll be there as soon as we can!"
"K bye!"
"Bye!"
I then called Will. Jonathan picked up.
"Hello?" His shy voice came from the other end.
"Hi Jonathan, it's Max, I need to talk to Will ASAP!"
"Oh okay! ...WILL!"
"WHAT?"
"PHONE!"
"OKAY! ... hello?"
"Will, it's Max."
"Uhh hi...?"
"Will this is serious! Y/n is going to kill herself and I need you to bike to hers immediately! Her address is y/a! Mike will and Dustin will be there too! I need to tell Dustin now just, be there!"
"Ok—"
"Bye!"
I hung up and called Dustin.

Mike POV
After Max hung up I called Lucas.
Guess who picked up?
Erica.
"Hello?" Her sassy voice rang out.
             Uggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh.
"Erica, hi! It's Mike."
"What do you want, nerd?"
"Erica, I NEED to talk to Lucas, it's an emergency!"
"I thought you nerds called emergencies; 'code red'?"
"Right," I said as I face-palmed, "Erica, this is a CODE RED! I need to talk to Lucas! Right now!"
"Whatever nerd... HEY MALL-MAGGOT! YOUR OTHER NEED FRIEND IS CALLING SAYIN' ITS A 'CODE RED'!"
"YOU'RE THE MALL-MAGGOT! YOU WERE CONSTANTLY ASKING FOR FREE SAMPLES AT SCOOPS!"
"JUST GET IN HERE!"
I had to hold the phone an arm-length away.
Lucas got in the line.
"Sorry about her—."
"Lucas! Y/n is going to kill herself, meet me, Will, Max and Dustin in front of y/n's house! Her address is y/a! We need to leave now! RIGHT NOW!"
"Ok—."
I hung up on Lucas before he got to finish his sentence.
"Hey Mike where are you go—?" Mom asked me right before I opened the door.
"MOM I NEED TO LEAVE RIGHT NOW! ITS VERY IMPORTANT!"
"Ok be back for dinner!"
"I CANT PROMISE THAT!" I slammed the door and rushed to my bike got in and started biking, I kinda had no clue where I was going before I remembered geography class.
          Y/n can't die. She just can't.

The Party POV + Max
           We need to get there.

Nobody's POV, Narrator I guess
As The Party and Max rushes to y/n's house, y/n was getting closer to death.
They all gathered in front of her house, frantic.
"Max, tell us what happened!" Mike blurted.
"I woke up and found these on my forehead!" Max said as she pulled two sticky notes out of her pocket. The boys dropped their bikes and read the notes.
"Holy shit." Dustin said as he finished reading the notes.
"I think we should search the exits." Will suggested before running to the front door.
"Good idea." Mike said as he joined Will.
"There should be footprints because it rained last night." Will continued, "but there's no dirt here at the front, let's check if she has a back door." The teens basically sprinted around her house to the back. Will was right; there were footprints at the back door. They were y/n's Vans.
"They're leading that way!" Lucas pointed towards a thickish line of trees. Behind the trees was a dirt road. Y/n's path continued. The anxious boys and girl were following, fearing where the prints lead.
"She's walking towards—..." Dustin started,
"Sattler Quarry." Everyone finished.

Word count - 1040
If you don know what Sattler Quarry is, it's basically the cliff that Mike jumps off so that Troy wouldn't cut open Dustin's gums.
And I'm pretty sure everyone knows that if you jump off you're dead.
:/
I hope you all are doing well.
So,, wash your hands, drink water, look at memes because that shit is good, stay safe and stay cool.
:))
—Trina