Seventeen

Still y/n POV
The next day some crazy things happened at school...
             — in English class —
When I walked into the room, Mike came up to me.
"Hey y/n—."
"Mike go sit down!" The teacher snapped at him. I didn't get to talk to Mike.
               — in Math class —
I don't have math with anyone on the party. Like every math class, I'll have to face it alone.
"So," the teacher started as soon as everyone had settled, I hope you guys managed to get your sentences done, because today, you will be working with partners and come up with your own sentences. Your partner will be the person beside you."
There was nobody beside me.
Yay I get to work alone!
"Y/n you can work with Max because her usual partner is sick today."
Shit.
I grabbed my pencil and eraser and go over to Max's desk. She had already gotten us both pieces of paper when I had sat down in the empty chair beside her. We went through the amount of sentences required pretty quickly, we have about 20 minutes left of math.
Max smiled at me and it seemed almost genuine...?
"Y/n did something happen to you, are you okay?" She asked me, gesturing to my cuts.
Yeah, your best friend and her fucking boyfriend happened to me.
"Shit. Sorry. I forgot..."
If she's tricking me... it's working.
"I heard that you started hanging out with Mike and those guys. That's cool.I'm just gonna warm you, that Mike can be, well, controlling," Max chuckled, "personally, I don't like him because he's really annoying. But if he's your friend then that's fine. Hey, if.. if you're not doing anything Saturday, then maybe you would wanna hang out or something...?" She looked up at me when she said the last part.
I raised a brow to let her know that I'm not thoroughly convinced.
"I'm serious! I haven't been hanging out with El lately, I.. I know that her and Troy attacked you. That really wasn't cool of them. Seriously, I would love to hang out with you. Here's my number." She wrote her number on a scrap piece of paper before handing it to me. "Call—." She then got cut off by the teacher.
"Okay, put your papers on my desk and then pack up!"
Max grabbed the papers and put them on the desk. I go back to my desk with my pencil and eraser, put my stuff in a pile and walk out of the classroom.
"Bye y/n!" Max calls as she passes and waves. I shyly wave back.
I went to my locker and see the party gathered around it.
The fuck?
"Why isn't this fucking stuff coming off?!" Dustin practically yells.
"Shut up Dustin! And do it like this, it works better." Lucas snapped at him.
I shoved them all out of the way to see what was the matter;
On my locker, in sharpie, were the following...

Word count - 498
Another cliffhanger I'm sorry. Two chapter published in one night!
Right now there are lots of things to be aware of;
Trump supporters have said that if Biden won (which he did,, yay!), then they would do mass murders on the lgbtq+ community and poc people.
And before my a/n becomes longer than the chapter..
Wash your hands regularly,,, drink the appropriate amount of water,,, stay safe (^^^),,, and stay cool.
I love all of you beautiful people.
:)
— Trina