Twenty Two

Recap:
Narrator POV
Behind the trees there was a dirt road. Y/n's path continued. The anxious boys and girl were following, fearing where the prints lead.
"She's walking toward—..." Dustin started,
"Sattler Quarry." Everyone finished.

Normal:
Mike POV
So many thoughts were rushing through my head as we followed her path, even quicker now that we had figured out her destination.
"Why would she— I could've been the— why is FUCKING HAPPENING?!?!"
My hands were running through my hair and tugging (not that way, you nasties). I broke down on the road, sobbing. Max came up to me and sat next to me.
"Hey dude," she said softly, "look, I know you love her, but she's about to die and you're not helping by sitting here. You can cry and hug her all you want when we save her. But not now. Okay?"
Max's finished her speech, patted my back and went back to the party.
She's right. I'm not helping by crying here.
I wiped the tears from my eyes, sniffling and got up to join the rest who were waiting.
"Come on dude, we got this. Let's go save your girl." Dustin said as he rubbed my back.

Y/n POV
(Warning! Triggering content ahead!)
I got to the edge of the cliff and looked down over the edge. It was a long drop.
Everyone will be happier when I'm down there.
I decided not to have all my effort of brining things to the Quarry to waste.
I sat down and dangled my legs over the edge. Other than the certain-death-if-you-fall-drop, it was very beautiful.
The blue-green water reflected the clouds in the sky. The trees were all around the edge. Their leaves were green, a few were slightly red, orange, yellow... and even colours in between.
I sighed tapping the but of the cigarette on the ledge before taking out another one and lighting it. I took a beer out of the bag...
SHIT!
I had forgotten to bring a bottle opener for the beer.
I got up to look around for a rock that I could maybe use.
After a bit I came across a rock that was sharpish on one edge. I tried to wedge the sharper end under the cap to use it as a lever.
"Arghhhh! ...FUCK!" I exclaimed as I finally got the cap off and a little bit of beer flowed out.
I took a swig. It was disgusting.
I took another sip. It was a bit better.
"Slow down, I want to jump off a cliff, not get alcohol poisoning." I could talk freely now that I'm alone. Besides, this will be the last time I ever talk.
I put the beer down and pulled out the knife and sharpening stone.
'Shiinnggg!'
'Shiiinnngggg!'
The knife made those noises as I sharpened it. Once I decided that it was sharp enough, I dragged it across my left wrist. It didn't cut through all the way the first time, so I pressed harder. It took several times for the knife to draw blood. I pressed the knife harder into the cut, tearing my skin open deeper.
I repeated the actions repeatedly on other places across my arms, eventually blood was streaming down my arms.
It hurt. I finished the bottle of beer and opened the next bottle.
I let the blood drip down into the waters of the Quarry.
Drip.
Sip.
Swallow.
Inhale.
Drip.
Exhale.
Sip.
Swallow.
Drip.
Repeat.
I kicked my legs back and fourth over the edge.
I heard a distant noise. I got up, preparing to jump—
"Y/N! WAIT!"
"Mike?" His name only a whisper on my lips, while mine on his voice was cracking, as though he had cried.
And sure enough, he was running towards me.
"Y/N! DON'T DO IT!"
I could see The Party and Max also running towards us.
Mike doubled over beside me, heaving in and out breath. I could see tear streaks on his face.
"Why?" He asked
"Why what?"
"Why are you doing this?! You don't have to!" He yelled back at me."
Max, Lucas, Dustin and Will were standing behind us, ready to spring into action of necessary.
Mike and I were now shouting at each other while crying.
"Y/n! Why do you do this to yourself?!"
"It hurts, Mike! It fucking hurts! I never feel appreciated! I never have! I go home everyday, wanting to kill myself! I go to school every morning, hoping it gets better there, but it almost never does! I fucking want it to end! NOW!"
"Y/n, no. Please. I don't want to live without you." Mike was kneeling in front of me now, sobbing.
"I want it to end."
Blood from my arms got on my face.
"I want it to end."
My tears were flooding down my face.
"I want it to end!"
"No! Y/n!" Mike cried desperately.
I was now spinning around, clutching my head, scratching my arms as hard as I could and screaming.
"I WANT IT TO END! I WANT IT TO END! I WANT IT TO END! I WNAT IT TO END! I WANT IT TO END! I WANT IT TO END!"
I probably looked insane.
I probably was insane.
I fell to the ground beside the edge.
Still sobbing. Still bleeding.
Mike put his hand on my back.
"Shhhhhh. It's okay. It's okay..." he comforted. He helped me get up. Blood was on both of our shirts. We walked a few steps over to the group.
"I— I love all of you guys." I choked out.
"We love you—." Max started.

"And I'm sorry." I cut her off.

Before they could do anything, I ran to the edge of the cliff and jumped.
I could feel the wind all around me. I heard their shouts above, but it wouldn't make a difference.
I'm going to die in a few seconds.
I hit the water hard, really hard, possibly breaking every bone in my body.
Everything went black.
Once and for all.

Word count - 1015
I'm sorry.
I'm very sorry.
This was always gonna be my plan.
I'm still gonna continue the book tho...
Today I watched If Anything Happens I Love You and it was so sad.
I also watched the Nancy Drew movie that Sophia was in.
Holy fuck she's awesome.
Stay safe, drink water, wash your hands and stay cool.
I love you guys so much.
—Trina