Fourteen

Y/n POV
Mike takes a wet cloth and presses it against my forehead while I put some ice on his black eye.
"I saw Troy and El attack you." Mike breaks the silence.
"Oh?" I reply.
"Yeah. Do you know why they did that?" He asks.
"No, I honestly don't."
"That kick you did was pretty cool."
"Thanks, my mom made me take judo."
"That's pretty cool." We has wiped all the blood off each other's faces and we were now pressing disinfectant on our cuts.
"Shit." Mike says when he picks up a box of bandaids.
"What?" I ask him.
"Mom brought us Holly's bandaids instead of regular ones. I doubt the cuts will heal if we go to school tomorrow and Troy and El see these bandaids on us." He holds up a box of small pink bandaids with cupcakes on them.
"Yeah, I guess not," I say through a chuckle, "how about we only put them on our elbows...?"
Mike looks at me like there's a tree growing out of the side of my head, "Really?" He asks.
"Yeah sure why not." I'm unable to conceal a grin as he takes out a few bandaids.
"Here." Mike says after we put on the pink strips with cupcakes on each other. He puts a bandage on the gash where Troy smashed the cement against my head. He puts another bandage on my cheek and nose. And a special bandaid on my lip.
"Thanks." I tell him.
"No problem." He smiles.
"Your turn to get plastered with bandages." I tell him grabbing the boxes from his hands.
Mike also had a busted lip. He had a scrape on his cheek and nose, and a cut on his forehead.
After I finish putting bandages on his face, we kinda sit there and stare at each other.
Why is he so nice to me? And WHY, is he so goddamn easy to look at?! I bet my mom will flip whe—
"SHIT!" I almost scream while getting up.
"What?" Mike asks me, also getting up.
"My mom! She's going to file me as missing because I'm not home, or, or have a heart attack—!" I start ranting but Mike cuts me off.
"Y/N! Calm down! Let's go call her and I'll tell her that you're okay!" He yells and I calm down.
"Okay."
"Let's go." Mike grabs my hand and we bolt out of the room and downstairs.
"Mike wha—?" His mom says as we sonic speed past her.
"We gotta do something mom!" Mike answers right before he pulls me down the basement stairs so fast that I almost fall at the bottom but Mike catches me and stands me up in one quick motion.
"Where's the fire?" Dustin asks standing up from the couch.
"No fire!" Mike and I shout at him at the same time.
Mike grabs the phone, "What's your number?"
"xxx-xxx-xxxx." I reply.
"Okay." He dials the number, "... Hi! Mrs l/n—."
As soon as he finishes that sentence he jumps from shock and hold the phone an arm-length away from his ear because on the other end of the line, my mother was screaming.
"DO YOU KNOW WHERE Y/N IS?! IS SHE ALRIGHT?! WHATS HAPPENED?! WHERE IS SHE?!"
"MRS L/N!" Mike screams into the phone, "y/n is FINE! She's right here with me!"
That seemed to calm down.
"Phew! Okay thank goodness. Thank you Mike. I trust you. Call when you want us to pick her up." Her (quieter) voice came throughout the receiving end of the phone.
"Okay Mrs l/n. Bye!" Mike hangs up the phone and turns to me.
"I told you she would be freaking out!" I tell him.
"You didn't actually say that she would be freaking out..." he said matter-of-factly.
"Well she was!" I fire back.
"But you didn't say it!"
"Shut up!" I playfully shove him.
"Ouuuuu! Feisty!" He laughs shoving me back.
"You're asking for it mister!" I shout at him.
We start shoving each other back and forth. Eventually we both fall down and we start tackling each other. We're laughing our heads off while Dustin, Lucas and Will are sitting there, confused.
"Mike! Mike!" I yell between laughs, "Stop! I can't breathe!" He stops tickling me and we sit up, still giggling.
"You okay?" He asks with a snort which only makes me laugh more.
"Yeah." I eventually manage. We eventually stop laughing. I look at him, and our eyes connect. I scooch closer to him. I don't know what he thinks is about to happen. We get close. Really close and the basement is silent.

Mike POV
We stop laughing.
She's getting closer to me...? She's getting pretty close. Holy fuck she's really close. Are we supposed to kiss? I hope so...
I start to lean in.

Will POV
Mike's getting closer...

Lucas POV
       I hope they don't start making out in front of us.

Dustin POV
Mike's never going to hear the end of this. Hehehe...

Y/n POV
         Holy shit. Mike's leaning in...?

Word count - 851

Cliffhangerrrrr. Welp this was fun to do.
I don't have much to say today...
•-•
Wash your hands, drink water, stay safe and stay cool.
I love you guys. :)
—Trina