Eighteen

Recap:
I shoved them all out of the way to see what was the matter;
On my locker in sharpie were the following:
(Normal):
'Slut'
'You should kill yourself'
'Bitch'
'Whore'
'You are disgusting'
'Die'
'Nobody likes you'
'You're a waste of space'
My vision went red.
EL. FUCKING. HOPPER.
"Y/n..." Mike's voice seemed distant beside me.
The rage was building up. I raised my fist and picked the locker hard. Very hard. When I looked at the locker a gain, there was a big dent where I had punched it and my knuckles were bloody.
"Y/n are you okay?" Will asked me.
"Fine. I'm fine." I muttered under my breath.
I opened my locker and got my stuff out. I walked past the boys and straight home.
My mom asked me all the questions when I got in. I didn't even nod. I went straight to my room.

The rest of the week was terrible. El was continuously trying— and succeeding— on making my life a living hell.

On Friday afternoon I decided that I needed to talk to someone because ever since Wednesday I had been shutting everyone out. I walked to my desk and found Max's number. I stared her name that she had scribbled down on the small slip of paper for a moment before running downstairs and handing it to my mom.
She looked at it confused.
"Max...? Is Max a friend of yours?" She asked uncertainly, I nodded. "Do you want to invite her— Max is a her right?" I nodded again.
"Ok. Do you.. want me to invite her over for a sleepover?"
For a third time I nodded.
"Ok I'll call." My mom told me before she picked up the phone and started dialed the number.

Max POV
I was reading a Wonder Woman comic when my phone started ringing.
Ring! Ring!
I got out of bed and picked up the phone.
"Hello?" I said.
"Umm, hello. Is this Max?" The woman in the other end asked.
"That depends on who's asking." I replied.
"I'm y/n's mom." The woman told me.
"Oh, hi! Yeah, I'm Max." I was hoping that I'd get that call.
"So y/n was wondering if you would like to come over to our house to have a sleepover tonight...?"
Wait seriously?!
"Yeah that sounds great!" I say into the receiver trying to slightly conceal my excitement, "What's your address? And when should I be there?"
"Ok so our address is (your address) (a/n: pretend that your street is in Hawkins for this), and whenever is good for us." Y/n's mom told me as I wrote it down.
"Okay great! I'll see you guys soon!" I hang up.
After a little bit of jumping around I packed up an overnight bag.
I think I know where her street is...
I grabbed my skateboard and started skating to y/n's house.

Word count - 487

So I hope everyone had a good day today,, or sleep if you just woke up or something :)
Stay safe, wash yo hans, drink water,, and stay cool my dudes.
—Trina