Nineteen

Max POV
I finally got to y/n's house. I like her house.
(A/n: now just imagine that Max is now admiring your house because I have no fvcking clue what your houses look like and not everyone lives in the same looking house)
I walk up to the front door and knock.
A moment later a woman opens the door and smiles. "Hi, you must be Max. I'm y/m/n. Nice to meet you."
"Nice to meet you too." I reply, shifting my bag on my shoulder.
"Come in. Do you like pizza?" Y/m/n asked me.
"Yeah! Pizza is the best!" I reply eagerly.
"Great! Well eat and then you and y/n can hang out. Oh and I'll have y/n take you up to her room so you can drop your stuff there." Y/m/n said as she heads to the kitchen. Y/n beckoned for me to follow her to her room. I followed.
When we entered her room I was immediately amazed.
"Woah! Cool room." I said, trying to look everywhere at once. I put my board and my bag on her bed. I was still looking around, trying to take in every detail.

Y/n POV
Max had put her stuff in my bed and kept looking around.
          Pizza. I want pizza.
I kind of awkwardly stand closer towards the door.
Max looks up after  a second.
"Hey we should prolly go down and get pizza now." As if she had heard what I was thinking.
I nodded.
We went to the kitchen, grabbed a plate of pizza and sat down.
Mom sat down a few seconds later. "So Max, tell me about yourself."
Max looked a bit taken aback at first, she thought for a moment (a/n: because when people ask you about yourself you forget who tf you are),
"Well I like to skateboard, and going to the arcade... annnnnddddd... ummmmm... I like to just chill with my friends. And that's all I can think of right now."
My mom chuckled a little bit. "Wow, do you get hurt a lot, like, do you fall off?"
"Yeah. I fall off a lot, because I'm always trying out new tricks. So, yeah, I get hurt a lot, but it's not a big deal."
My mom nodded as she took another bite of her salad. "Maybe you could teach y/n how to skateboard."
"Yeah. That would be fun."
(A/n: I'm sorry if you already know how to skateboard :/ )
The rest of the dinner was mostly silent, except mom just updated me on what's been happening around the house like where dad is at the moment (at work). After dinner Max and I went up to my room.
I closed the door and sat down beside Max on my bed.
"So..." she started.
I just stupidly nod along.
"What do you wanna ta- shit. Sorry, I forgot." She cut herself off and I chuckled silently, deciding to reveal myself to Max.
"It's okay."
She jumped. Literally jumped and her jaw dropped. "Y-y/n! You spoke!" She squeaked.
"Yeah. Mike had a similar reaction."
"I'm surprised that you talked to me but not so much Mike though..."
"Yeah.. hehe..."
Max and I talked for a long time until my mom came in and told us to start getting ready to go to sleep. We made silly faces in the mirror at each other as we brushed our teeth.
Max fell asleep way sooner than I did. In fact, this was one of those nights where I couldn't sleep. That happens sometimes.
I lay in bed thinking about everything and nothing for what seemed like forever. Max had started snoring really loudly, and then realized that it was already starting to get light out. At about 7 I decided that it was early enough for me to go downstairs. Before I left my room I put a sticky note saying:
     'Max,
I've gone to go get breakfast already. I hope you had a good sleep.
                         —Y/n'
I placed it on her forehead, giggling silently.
I went to the kitchen, mom was there already and she was on the phone.
"...here she comes. I'll hand you over to her."
I hadn't heard the phone ring.
       Hmmm. Wait! Maybe it's Mike!
Mom waves me over to the phone and I grab the receiver uncertainly.
"Y/n?"
The owner of the voice on the other end was not Mike.

Word count - 749
I'm sorry for not keeping steady updates. I'm trying my best here.
Also, I tried not to say downstairs and upstairs a lot cause I realize that some people might live in a bungalow.
Be careful when you go outside, wash your hands, have fun, drink water, stay safe and stay cool.
:)
—Trina