chapter 23

Ozpin was sitting on his desk drinking his coffee while reading news website about the archivments the combine were making on their short stay on the planet.

Ozpin: Adrian was right... They are trying to buy our trust...

Ozpin then proceeded to call ironwoods and Shepard to discuss manner of the resistance. Then both mentioned men appeared in ozpin pc screen. Adrian spoke first.

Adrian: What is it you wanted to discuss oz?

Ozpin: Well, in what might be the next combine move. We need to get rid of the combine for later, take care of salem.

Ironwood: o-ozpin?!

Ozpin: Don't worry old friend. He is what we might need to turn this fight against the combine and salem. His already told of about salem.

Adrian: yep. Old ozpin here wanted me to help out with the grimm too, we got some ideas but it might take a while.

Ironwood: Well, I think I know what their next move might be...

Ozpin: Then tell us.

Ironwood: I think the combine knows I am working with the resistance...

Adrian: well that's a big  of a problem.

Ozpin: what makes you say that?

Ironwood: they were asking me how the resistance got the location of nova prospekt. And they immediately, were went suspicious on me.

Ozpin: that... Is unfortunate news...

Ironwoods: I know... And I haven't find yet the relic of creation...

Ozpin: I know. We need more time... And that's something we don't have.

Adrian: remember ironwoods. Your life is more precious than an relic.

Ironwood: it is! The fate of remnant is that and the rest of the relics!

Adrian: But you can be more useful against the combine if you are alive!!

Ironwood: Are you serious?! The relics are what we need to stop salem and maybe the combine. If they have it then we all will be doomed!

Adrian: we need manpower to destroy to combine! We have done it before, we will do it again!

Ironwood: But the relics-

Adrian: stop with the relics! We need you alive "general" ironwoods! For gods sake you are a general-!

Ironwood: then why the fuck I lost the battle of atlas?!?!

Adrian Stood there shock in the short time he has met ironwoods he clearly hasn't seen him mad. Ozpin is with his eyes closed, listening carefully.

Ironwood: Becuase of my imprudence and arrogance I lost against the combine!! *Sigh* I don't deserve the title of general anymore...

Adrian looked at adrian with simpaty. He, afterall lost his planet too...

Adrian: ...*sigh* Look, you aren't a bad general. You just didn't know your enemy and what you were fighting against. This is coming from me, someone who didn't lost his kingdom. But his entire planet and suffer from slavement for 20 years. We lost our war in 7 hours. You all haven't lost the fight. You have lost your kingdom in 2 hours. Don't fell bad about yourself... We lost a lot but A LOT of people in the 7 hours war. And in those 20 years... We lost more... And... You at least had the opportunity to live your normal lives on combine control...

Ironwood looked shocked and sad, at the remaks adrian was making. And he was right. Ironwood closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

Ironwood: I'm... I'm sorry. I just don't want to loose this time... I just can't alouw my self to loose again...

Ozpin: We know old friend... It is hard to everybody. And we will succeed. But we need to be patient and smart.

Adrian: yeah, don't feel bad about yourself. We managed to get the combine out of my planet, we can surely do it in yours.

Ironwood: W-we?

Adrian: yeah. You are part of the resistance now. And ill guarantee you. You will lead them great.

Ironwood: I... Thank you Shepard... It... It means a lot to me.

Adrian: call me adrian. We are friends now.

Ironwood looked at adrian and smiled at the soldier.

Ironwood: thanks, friend.

Ozpin: Now that's out of the way, we need to plan our next move.

Adrian:  Well. Like I said, I prefer ironwoods to be alive than a relic that not might even work with the combine. So ironwood. If you need to get out. Let us know.

Ironwood: understood... Thanks.

Ozpin: But if you think that you can find it. Please do it.

Ironwood: I'll do my very best to find the relic of creation.

Adrian: and apart of that we need more weaponry. We are going to need a lot more of weapons and ammo.

Ironwood: and to recruit more people for the resistance. I can get you locations of transports with equipment in menagerie. After the white fang was eradicated, they were confiscating a lot of their weaponry and dust. It's enough to at least get rid of the civil protection in the citys.

Adrian: yeah but we are going to need higher power to fight off the combine soldiers. We kick their asses  in nova prospekt, but that was because we used their own weapons and we don't have enough ammo to make another stunt like that.

Ozpin: we already made enough "stunts". If we keep it like that the combine will have reason to attack us sooner.

Ironwood: we stay low until we can make another successful attack.

Adrian: so, we just wait? I mean... if I'm honest it will benefit us and give us a ton shit of problems. The combine will prepare and counter our assaults if we wait. I recommend just small hit and run tactics, guerrila tactics.

Ozpin: But what guarantees us from not  being discovered by the combine?

Adrian: Nothing. But it's better that let the combine prepare. If i know the combine, they have a big plan. And a really dangerous one.

Ironwood: And because i may have been discovered plotting against them. They are not going to inform me of anything.

Ozpin: I dont want to risk the lives of everyone here. But we need to act, and we dont have anything in our favor other than the general as an informant, and adrian as leader of the resistance.

Adrian: That's why i said guerrilla operations. They will be a pain in the ass for the combine, and buy us enough time to prepare. The only thing we need is targets.

Ironwood: And i can provide this targets. But with every single move i make, i risk being expose, or more than i am already.

Adrian: like i said, if anything goes wrong. Just call for extraction in some place. Does what's left of mantle have a conscript units?

Ironwood: Yes, but they are just a small garrison of ex-atlas soldiers. I can try and get them on our side. But i just hope they didn't lose the will to fight the combine.

Ozpin: Then it's a plan.

Adrian: yeah. Meanwhile I'll prepare the rest of the resistance here.

Ozpin: Well, then we leave it here gentlemen. Good luck in your assignments.

Then both Ironwood and Shepard proceeded to disconnect from the call. Ozpin turned his chair to see the outside of the academy.

Ozpin: i am afraid this is what will define the fate of remnant. For good or worse. Salem, the combine. Eveything is so overwhelming... Will i be able to lead mankind like the brothers ask me? Or will i see the destruction of another civilization... I trully hope... That wont be the case.

To be continued

Well... What a long wait aye? Yeah... Sorry about that, had a lot in life to deal with and it was jus tiring and stressful. Hope you all understand. But that out of the way. Hope you all liked this chapter! Cya later m8s!