𝟞𝟜.

|| 𝐉𝐚𝐧𝐚𝐞𝐞 𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐞 𝐉𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐬 ||🚶🏽‍♀️

"Jay please stop crying," I huffed bending down to wipe his face with some Kleenex, "we can come back to see grandma on Tuesday, I promise."

"No!" He yelled stomping before flopping down on the floor, crossing his arms over his chest and pouting, "bye, I not leave."

I sighed looking at my moma, "ma can you say something to him real quick? he definitely not listening to me."

She smiled and opened her arms before Jay hopped up and ran into them so she could pick him up, "you don't wanna leave huh?"

"No."

"And why not? You'll see me on Tuesday, yo mommy already promised."

"Her lie."

My mouth flew open in shock and I started to respond but my moma gave me a look that told me she was handling it so I shut my mouth and let her.

"Everybody lies but when mommy makes promises to you," she smiled pointing at his chest, "those are special so I think she really means it pa."

"Mmm."

"I need you to be a big boy and listen for me okay? Can you do that for yo grandmama?"

He literally sat there thinking about it before finally nodding his head slowly, "mhm."

"Good job," she smiled and gave him a hug, "I love you pa, be good for me okay?"

He hugged her back and hopped down smiling, "okay, love ouu."

I rolled my eyes at his stubbornness before walking over to her bedside and hugging her, "aight ma, we'll be here early on Tuesday."

She hugged me back tightly and I kissed her forehead, "okay, I love you."

"I love you too," I said grabbing Jay's hand and my purse, "tell grandma you'll see her later bubba."

"Bye gama."

"Bye Jay," she laughed and he waved as we walked out her room and into the hallway to exit the hospital.

As soon as we made it outside, Jay ran into the middle of the parking lot like he just got released from jail, making me snatch his hand back, "now what if that truck just hit you? you woulda been looking very much stupid laying there lifeless cause I told you about running into traffic."

"Move," he smacked his lips, roughly letting my hand go and walking by himself.

I grabbed his hand and kept him close to my side as we approached my Rover, "Jay I'm not finna do this with you everytime we come up here, I'm finna start whooping you cause you doing too much."

"No I not!" He let my hand go again and this time I picked him up and placed him on my hip, fumbling to get my keys out my purse to unlock the doors.