Chapter 52

Amelia was helping Mr Weasley clean up after breakfast. The match would be starting in the late afternoon giving the Weasley family including Harry, Hermione and Amelia enough time to get ready. At the moment she was washing the dishes the muggle way just like Mr Weasley had asked her to do.  

The dishes were submerged in the soapy water as Amelia scrubbed the filth off the plates. Her hands were covered in water and foam. "Hey." She heard Fred's sweet voice call out to her. 

"Hi," Amelia replied calmly hoping he did not ask about Arline. Fred sat himself down on the counter keeping his distance between Amelia. 

"So um who was that girl you met earlier?" He sounded nervous as if he did not want her to respond. Amelia bite her lip her nerves tensing. 

"I just met her. Her names Arline and she has Legilimecy too, so we kind of bonded over that." She explained holding onto hope that he didn't ask more about her.

"Do you like her or something?" Fred mumbled under his breath. Trying his best not to make eye contact as he began to play with his fingers.

Amelia wasn't sure how to answer that question. Her feelings were all over the place and she herself wasn't sure if she liked Arline. "I don't know, she's different. Maybe I do maybe I don't." Amelia didn't know how she felt about Arline sure she was attractive but she didn't know whether that attraction would last. Fred didn't know this but Amelia was still crushing on the boy sitting beside her. 

The room was filled with silence, the only sound entering the room was the water splashing. Amelia began to finish off scrubbing the last few plates until they were spotless. She placed the last plate on the rack letting it dry. The friendship between the two this past week had been very tense and awkward. Deciding to diffuse the tension building up in the room Amelia splashed the cold soapy water on Fred's face startling the boy.

His eyes lightened up along with a smile creeping onto his face, Fred placed his hands in the sink. The cool water coming in contact with his hot skin. Cupping his hands he splashed a large amount of water on Amelia. "Freddie." She missed calling him by his nickname, before dumping more water onto his hair. Fred's ginger locks were now wet falling onto his face. Large amounts of foam were floating through the air along with tiny bubbles. A small bubble sat on Amelia's nose allowing Fred to pop the bubble and boop her nose. The two looked at the mess around them, before falling into a fit of laughter. Amelia watched as Fred laughed at her pushing his wet hair out of his face. His hair was far too long but Amelia liked it like that, most of the boys like Harry and Ron didn't suite the long hair but Fred pulled it off. 

His pearly whites showing and his cheeks reddening at the sight of the small brunette laughing in front of him. 'Why can't she be mine.' Fred thought to himself but quickly pushed his thoughts out of the way knowing she would be able to read his mind. Amelia's thick hair was falling onto her face covering her perfect smile. He stepped closer to her giggles escaping their lips every now and then. Amelia noticed Fred's closeness and instantly her heart began to pound and her stomach did backflips. Fred's hand brushed gently across her skin pulling back a strand of her hair. "Don't hide away that beautiful face." Usually, there was a tone of sarcasm in his voice but this time it was sweet and stern. A genuine smile fell onto his pink lips and Amelia felt herself blush not knowing what to say back. 

"Let's head to the shops I promised George I would be there." Fred broke the silence between the two. He grabbed Amelia's hand leading her towards the shops. Amelia couldn't help but smile at the small interaction between the two. Her head had been completely wrapped about the french girl, all her excitement had been lost about the Quidditch cup which was going to take place in only a couple of hours.