Fifteen

Mike's POV

I can't see her again, but I know she is still here. Everybody look around them. They don't know about her powers. Will seems scared like he was losing her. Why he cares so much. It makes me feel jealous. I know I shouldn't feel like this. He is my friend, but I can't stop myself.

Maybe she is invisible but her shadow isn't.
"Y/n" I call her name softly. The shadow stops moving. Everything fell into awkward silence.
All attention is on me.
The party looks at me like I'm crazy or insane. After all that we went through they still are shocked about something.
"I know you are here. Can I please see you?" I try my best not to cry again.

"She hurts me"

"I know"

"I hurt her..."

"I know..bu-"

".....I'm a monster" she sounds so hurt. I can't blame her for hurting El. Jane all starts it. She is the reason why I lose her. Even for a brief moment.

"No, you are not a monster" I'm not good at comforting people. "Can I please see you?" I ask with all hope, I have.

"No," she says simply.

"What? Why?" I get sadder, madder at myself. I need to see her. I need to know if she is okay.

"You choose her" she cries and it's breaking my heart. I'm the reason why is she so sad. Eleven is my friend and the girl I liked. But y/n is a girl  I love. And I didn't go to her. I fucked up. Her shadow is still in the same position. She doesn't move. I can hear her slightly sobbing.

"No no, I didn't choose her. Look, I know I mess up. I'm so sorry. I didn't protect you, it's all my fault, but please I need to see you. I need to see if you are okay. I want to hug you so bad and never let you go. I need it. I need to hear your angelic voice, your laugh and giggle. It's hurt me not to see you" my vision is blurry from all the tears. Cold wind touches my skin. The next thing I know is arms wrapped around me. She is my tears and I see her, it was y/n.

I smile slightly and wrap my hand around her. "I'm sorry" I whisper to her.

"Me too" she whispered back before she faints. She is too weak, using her powers isn't good for her. I have her in my arms so she doesn't fall.

Edited 25 April 2021