(3)

She heard the footsteps behind her, she didn't turn around as she knew who was standing behind her.

He cleared his throat, "can I take a seat?"

Manizeh scoffed. "As if you need my permission."

"Looks like you're not happy finding me here," he said after taking a seat beside her.

She looked at him with irritation.

"What in the world are you even doing? asking for my hand in marriage. Are you out of mind or something hit you hard that you forgot about our past."

Jasim silently listened to her rant but didn't utter anything from his mouth.

She sighed and continued. "What are your intentions?"

"My intentions are pure, I want to marry you."

"Shut up with this nonsense, I'm seconds away from smacking you across your face."

He lightly chuckled and it made her heart froze, he looked adequate while smiling, his rich brown almond eyes were shining with amusement.
His black shirt fitted him like a second skin, it clearly showed her how the man consumes his time in the gym.

"Your sassiness is still kept with you."
He shook his head and saw her glaring at him.

"Have you no shame? you didn't even talk to me when you came to my house and now you are laughing and talking to me like nothing unusual has happened." With narrowed eyes, she glared at him.

They were sitting on her house lawn.
Her mother notified her that he wanted to talk to her and would come to their house.
She was amazed at his behavior and didn't deny meeting with him.

"Do you want me to tell you the truth?" He asked seriously with his stunning eyes, some of his hair fall out on his forehead as he slightly bends down to her level.

"I didn't think you to grow this beautiful, I always knew you were attractive but looking at you after so many years, I had zero ideas on how to approach you."

She was stunned for a moment and then replied, "Are you sure you are a doctor? I haven't seen such perverts doctors like you."

"Only you can completely flip the intense moment."

She ignored him and asked him the question which she was dreading to ask.

"D-do you know about Ibaad?"

"Oh, yeah I know about that bastard, it is good that he left, if he wouldn't leave, I wouldn't be here."

"And what about my disability"

Jasim narrowed his eyes.
"Manizeh, don't even for a second think that I want you because I pity you because that's not true."

He sighed and continued. "I'll be completely honest with you even before your father asked for your therapy, I already set my mind to treat you, but it was not setting with me right that curing you wouldn't make you mine. That's why, I asked your hand in marriage, I want you Manizeh only you and I'm glad I came in time."

"But you hated me in the past." she softly mumbled to him.

The slow breeze was enough for her to breathe freely.

"Oh woh to main bass show karta tha takey tumhari attention sari meray pe rahay."

(Oh, that I just used to pretend so that your whole attention stays on me.)

"Such a pervert you are." She shook her head at his bluntness.

He only shrugged his shoulder in nonchalant.

"Manizeh, Allah has been given me a second chance to have you and I don't want to ruin it."

She sucked in a breath and averted her eyes from him.

*******
It's been two months since their meeting and one month since their wedding.

She was a married woman now, he was her husband and her doctor who showed no decency in her physical therapy and made her eat bitterest pills.

They came to Islamabad right after their Nikkah and instantly, he started her therapy.

She was having one of her tantrums where she refused to swallow those yucky pills.

"Honey, please for my sake. Intake them they would make your legs strong."

With moist eyes, she shook her head.

He was never harsh with her even when she threw major tantrums and acts like a spoiled brat, he would always be there to provide her with his warmth.

Jasim cupped her checks and kissed her forehead, "it's just a matter of time, you have to be patient, and then you would stand on your feet in no time."

With soft eyes, he looked at her and caressed her cheeks, and leaned in to attach his forehead with her.

"You want to go to Paris for our honeymoon don't you?"

"I want to go." Like a child, she nodded her head adorably.

"Then you have to eat those medications to run and move freely in Paris, huh."

She sniffled and rubbed her already red nose, Jasim's heart melted after looking at his wife in this condition, he loved her to non-ends but he also had to think as her doctor and not only as her husband.

She swallowed the pills bitterly and looked at him with red eyes.

"I'm so proud of you baby." Mumbling, he kissed her head one more time.

"You know I'm thinking to take you out on a date. Would you mind going out with your poor husband who's helplessly in love with you?"

She giggled, "Of course I would go with you, if I didn't go then who would?"