(4)

Inhal's breath hitched as she saw the big mansion illuminated with thousands of lights.

She couldn't move and rooted on her spot but the warm hand of Farzana encouraged her to walk ahead.

Inside the house, there were a hustle and bustle of workers who were trying to make ends meet at the last minute.

Inhal was dressed in a beige flowy frock with her chiffon dupatta which was securely wrapped across her chest. Her thick wavy brown hair was tied in a half up and half down updo and minimal makeup completed her look.

Zarrar's mother came forward with a smile settled on her face. She looked at Inhal with gentle eyes.

"Mashallah, you look very pretty."
Inhal apologetically lowered her eyes.

His mother was one of the kindest people she ever knew. Despite knowing about how brutally she rejected her son,
Fariya Sikander welcomed her with a big heart.

"Come on, the Nikkah is going to start in half an hour." His mother addressed them and led them towards the vast garden of her house.

The whole magnificent garden was decorated with glorious decor. On every set of tables and chairs rested a red card in which 'Nikkah Mubarak' was written in big bold letters.

Her hands were tightly clenched together and she tried hard to control her tears to fall. Everything was making her uncomfortable, everything around her was mocking her for not accepting, for not giving in when the universe was giving her a second chance.

But what could she do now? He was going to marry someone else in a matter of minutes. He will start his new life and forgets her.

She shook her head and bit her lips.
"No Inhal you cant snatch someone else's happiness, you can't be that girl, why didn't you accept when he was begging in front of you."

She closed her eyes and heaved a tired breath. Her mind was nagging her with different questions. She tried to block all doubts and focused on the event.

She looked up and her gaze clashes with him. He stood there on the stage wearing a white shalwar kameez with his sleeves folded till his elbow and the same colored waistcoat completed his look.

He stood there motionless, looking at her deeply, his hands were fisted in a tight ball; clenching his jaw tightly he turned around and left the stage.

"So, you are the famous Miss Inhal Omer." A boy around nineteen, sat beside her with a smirk etched on his face.

She looked around and saw her seats beside her empty.

"They all went inside, Ammi called them." She again looked at the young boy and nodded at him.

She was so deeply lost in her thoughts that she didn't saw her mumani and Zainab Bhabhi leaving.

"You didn't answer my question." The young boy spoke again.

She couldn't pinpoint who was he. "Do I know you?"

As this question left her mouth the boy pouted and looked offended. "Didn't Bhai ever tell you about me, didn't he tell you that he has a very handsome younger brother!"

She gaped at him and shook her head.

"No worries, my self Affan Sikander, age nineteen, currently in college, only brother of Zarrar Sikander-"

He was cut off by a loud noise, "Affan tum phir larkion ke sath flirt kar rahy ho ma Tayya Aba ko abi bta ke ati hon,"

(Affan you are again flirting with the girls, I will tell Tayya abba this instant)