(5)

In the middle of the night when he was deep in slumber, the little whimpers of his wife woke him up.

Rubbing his tired red eyes, he peeked at the wall clock that stated that its two in the morning. His attention then diverted towards his wife who was crying softly. She was leaned against the headboard while her hands covered her face.

Reluctantly, he went near the bed and perched beside her legs.
She stiffened after sensing the dipping of the mattress beside her.
Tenderly, he removed her delicate hands away from her face.

"Z-Zara, what happened? Why are you crying?" Staring at her with soft eyes, he mumbled with utter devotion.

His fondness melted Zara's heart. Hiccupping, she shook her head.

"If there is nothing then why are you crying?" Wiping her tears with his thumb pad he whispered.

Averting her eyes from him, she bit on her lips while muttering, "Not everyone is told everything, there are some things which are for our heart only."

A dramatic gasp left his mouth and he placed his hand on a hand, "you won't tell me, you won't tell your secret to your best friend!"

"Stop being overdramatic!"

Scoffing, he rolled his eyes.
"Then try to be quiet, there are other people who like to sleep peacefully without hearing anyone's bawling in the middle of the night."

"You're so mean!" Huffing, she crossed her arms and looked at him accusingly.

The room was only illumined by the side lamp on Zara's side. The sharp air of the air conditioner made her shiver and she snuggled in the comforter.

"You're calling me mean whereas you're the one sleeping on the comfortable bed with a soft quilt."

Narrowing her eyes, she squatted straight on the headboard. "What else do you want? Do you want us to sleep on the same bed?"

His ears tinged red, clearing his throat he mumbled in embarrassment. "I didn't say this."

"Then stop taunting me."

"You're taking advantage of my situation Zara."
He pointed an accusing finger towards Zara.

"Really! Please tell me what is your situation?"

"You know." He grumbled.

"I'm sorry but I'm not a mind reader like Edward Cullen, please elaborate your situation." Batting her eyelashes, she confided sweetly.

Sighing a large breath, he facepalms. "Don't make it harder than it already is."

Pulling his hands harshly away from his face, she looked straight into his eyes. "What is your situation? What am I making hard? Tell me because for the love of God, I can't seem to solve your riddles."

Averting his eyes, he mumbled with lowered eyes. "I'm just very awkward and uncomfortable, I never imagined marrying at a young age heck I never comprehended marriage, I'm still trying to process it all."

"So, what do you want from me? and look at me when I'm talking to you!" She uttered sternly. Affan hesitantly peeked upwards and soon both of their eyes clashed.

Her caramel brown eyes waited for his response.

"I-I just don't want anything to change between us, we could live like we used to live before, like friends, like cousins."
Hope-filled eyes, he blinked at her.

"Of course Affan, I also don't wish for anything different between us, we just have to live in one room and I promise nothing will change between us."