(5)

He turned around in the bed only to see his wife sleeping in the furthest corner.

With a shake of his head, Murtaza got up and held Daneen's arms with gentle hands to pull her in the center of the bed.

But instantly his wife's eyes widely opened and with a jerk, she pushed him. "What are you doing?"

"What do you mean what I'm doing, you were going to fall off the bed, I was just helping." Murtaza clenched his jaw after seeing his wife's reaction of touching her.

Daneen gulped and looked here and there to avoid any more physical contact.

"I think I should sleep on the sofa." She muttered to herself but Murtaza was quick to notice and without losing a second he held her wrist and pulled her back. 

"I didn't give you any permission to sleep on the sofa." Murtaza roared through clenched teeth.

He held her firmly against the headboard.

No words were exchanged for another minute as they got lost in each other's eyes.

Her does-like eyes were like a soothing balm for Murtaza's heated heart.

"Kitni bar tum ko kahna paray ga chor do ye bachpana aur Apna lo muja." With the softest voice, he uttered to her.

Murtaza caressed her smooth blushing cheeks with his knuckles.

"Kiu chor dun jab ye rishta meri marzi ke begair hua tha."

"Daneen!" Heaving a large breath, he cupped her small face in his large hands.

"Kiu apni zindgi ki dushman bani hui ho! sab bhool kar nai zindgi shuru karo meray sath."

"Muja aik achi waja btao is rishtay ko qabool karnay ka liya." Mist gathered in her eyes, he looked staright in to her eyes.

"Ishq karta hun tum sa boht, kia ye kafi ha!"

Daneen breath got stuck in her throat, she thought she would die at that moment. She had no idea that a man like Murtaza could confess his love so openly.

She looked at his eyes wich held nothing but love for her.

Not knowing what to say to him, Daneen again tried to went past him.

But he couldn't let her.

Instead, he pushed her hair behind her and placed a kiss on her forehead.

Thousand of butterflies erupted in her stomach, how could a man's touch be this addicted that made her forgot her existence.

Slowly, he pulled away and with hooded eyes, she looked at Murtaza.

"Murtaza." With the raspy voice she mumbled.

"Speak, janan."

"I-I need some time, it's not easy for me."

Murtaza wanted to punch his hand in wall.

"Teen mahinay hogye ha Daneen ruksati ko. itna waqt ma tumko day Chuka hun. Abi bhi tumko waqt chaiya."

She could see the fire in his eyes. The past three months he gave her space and indulged himself in the work.

He stayed out of her work but he desperately wanted to mend his relationship with his wife, however, his wife was not ready to accept him yet.

Without saying anything he left her there in their bedroom alone.

******

"What happened to bhai, he is acting strange for the past two days?"

Daneen was sitting with Yashfa in the lawn eating oranges when they saw Murtaza leaving the house in a bitter mood.

"Your brother is angry with me." With a low voice Daneen answered her sister-in-law.

Yashfa rolled her eyes, "Why don't you guys sit like adults and solve your problems with a conversation."

"Its not that easy, you know Yashfa I have insecurities."

Heaving a large weary breath she mumbled,
"Daneen, please don't be offended but bhai is not the one to blame for, he loves you it is clearly written in his eyes, please give him one chance he also suffered enough."

Yashfa patted her hand and left her to think.

Daneen was confused and scared for giving Murtaza a chance.

She was scared of the future. She felt that her children would have the same fate as hers.

She was scared that her children would also live in a broken household with fighting parents.

Daneen had no idea that how wrong she was, she was married to Murtaza Qureshi, a man who could die for his family, he was the man who could do anything to hold his family together.

Murtaza Qureshi was a man of honor and dignity.