Qurbat. ✔ (1)

He was laughing freely with his best friend when his eyes caught the sight of a timid girl with a dupatta wrapped around her hair.

Zarrar lowered his gaze and went on to take a sip of his tea.

While talking to his best friend he could hear laughter from the garden, he could glimpse at that girl who was playing with his friend's daughter.

Zarrar couldn't resist and finally asked.
"Ahmed, who's that girl playing with Raima?"

Ahmed tilted his head and looked at the two girls.
"Oh, she is Inhal, my cousin!"

Zarrar eyes grew bigger. "Is she your that cousin whose husband died after a week of their marriage?"

Zarar couldn't believe that a mere girl of twenty-three faced a huge trauma in her life.

"Yeah, unfortunately, she's the one." Ahmed spoke sadly, Zarar tried to take another glance at the girl but found the garden empty.

"After her husband's death, mum took her in, we started her therapy, her studies were also incomplete but now Alhumdulliah she's in her last year of university."

Zarrar rubbed his chin nodded at his best friend.

Just a mere glance at that girl made him awestruck because of her beauty.
The girl captured his heart in mere flashes leaving him anxious.

There were only two things in life which he loved the most, his family and his career.

No girl made him fall to his knees, but something was in that girl which felt painfully right.

After talking more for an hour Zarar got up. "I have a flight, so, I'll take my leave now."

"Of course, Zarrar the pilot can only give an hour to his friends in between his busy life." Ahmed taunted Zarrar who chucked at him while muttering 'shut up.'

During his drive to the airport, Zarrar couldn't take the thought of that girl out of his mind, and after much thinking, he finally took a decision.

He will talk to his mother after coming back, Zarrar was determined.

****

Inhal was preparing for her final exam when her Mumani entered her room with a smile etched on her lips.

Her Mumani played the role of a mother in Inhal's life.

She was grateful for her, if she wouldn't come at the right time her illiterate in-laws might have killed the innocent soul.

Farzana sat on the bed and caressed Inhal's soft cheeks.

"You are my daughter, which I never had."

With a smiling face, Inhal held her hand "I know Mumani, you always tell me this."

Farzana kissed her forehead and proceed to speak.

"Listen to me carefully my child, a very good proposal came for you."
Inhal felt shivers ran down her spine and beads of sweat formed on her forehead.

"Mumani, please, I told you I don't want to get married." Tears welled up in her eyes.

Farzana instantly held her against her chest. "Meri Jaan, I would have never talked to you about it if the proposal had come from an unknown, but I know this boy like I know my Ahmed, he grew up in front of me my child, I know what I'm asking to you."

Farzana pushed her hair out of the face and gazed at her.

"Ahmed's best friend Zarrar Sikander sent you the wedding proposal." Inhal became shell shocked after hearing this.

Heloooo,
New story guysss,
Instead of tomorrow, here's the update.
This story will continue in August till then keep me in your prayers, I'm taking a break till my exams end.
stay safe and comment and vote.
Allah Hafiz.