(3)

Daneen was scared, she was scared that her married life was going to be just like her parents; full of misery and without an ounce of love.

That's why she wanted to finish her relationship with Murtaza, so, she could face less hurt.

"Yar Daneen, kia masla ha tumhara acha hasa to ha mera Bhai." Yashfa; Murtaza's younger sister spoke from beside her.

(Daneen what's your problem, my brother is so promising)

Daneen and Yashfa were best friends from childhood and were both separated when Daneen left, now that Daneen was back, their previous friendship automatically rekindle.

Daneen stayed silent and munched on her salty chips.

But Yashfa didn't stop, she continued praising her beloved brother.
"Whole Qureshi industries are under him, still he chooses to build his own business and was successful at it.
He manages two big businesses, you don't have any idea how loaded my brother is."

Daneen again ignored her and seeing the attitude of her best friend, Yashfa took a deep breath.

"You know Baba was very happy when chacha told him that he wants you and Bhai to get married."

She proceeded,
"Chacha wanted you two to get married to make the family relations strong, Even Dada had no bounds of his happiness."

After sometimes, Daneen mumbled. "And what about your brother? Was he happy like everybody."

Yashfa wiggled her eyebrows at her and a deep mischievous smile set on her lips. "Ab bari jaldi pari ha bhai ka reaction jananay ki." Daneen rolled her eyes at her.

(Now you are very quick to know about the reaction of my brother)

"Chalo bta hi deti hun, waisa btanay ko to kuch ha nahi, tum ko pata to ha Bhai apni feelings ziada show hi nahi kartay isliya mujha pata nai woh khush thay ya naih."

(Let's tell you about it, however, there's nothing much to tell, as you know my brother don't show his feelings that's why I didn't know whether he was happy or not)

Daneen hummed at her like she didn't care even a bit.

"Did you talk to your mother? what did she say?"
Yashfa curiously asked her.

"She didn't say anything, told me I'm an adult and can handle my life choices on my own, she had problems when Baba was alive now that he is no more she wants me to handle my life on my own."

After a taking deep breath, she spoke again

"I don't know yashfa, what to do, I'm scared to enter in a pure relationship like marriage.
You know, maina Allah sa dua ki thi ka Baba agar theek hogye to ma unkay liya kuch bi karo gi, tabhi Baba na theek hotay hi mujha Murtaza sa Nikkah karna ka kaha tha aur ab apni insecurities ki waja sa ma ye rishta nai chati to muja dar ha ka ma apnay khuda ko naraz karon gi akhir sachay Momin ki nishani apnay waday sa mukarana to nai ha." a tear slide down her eyes.

(You know that I prayed to Allah that if Baba becomes healthy again so, I will do anything for him, and right after healing Baba asked me to marry Murtaza. Now that I don't want this relationship because of my insecurities I fear that I'm upsetting my lord because a true believer's sign is not to deny his promise.)

She was so damn confused.

"Daneen, I don't know about love or marriages, heck I'm not a good Muslim myself and won't lecture you on God's relations with us but I just want you to trust my brother and give him a chance. He is not as terrible as you think."
Yashfa gave her statement and urged her to think about giving a chance to Murtaza.

To make the environment light, Yashfa changed the topic and they both had no idea when they both fell asleep while talking about the newest trends of dresses.

The next day, in the evening, when Daneen made her tea and went towards the lawn, at a distance, she saw Murtaza loudly giving orders on the phone.

His white dress shirt was folded till his elbows, black ray bans were hiding his hazel eyes from the glare of the sun. One hand on the phone and the other was inside of the pocket of his trousers, he looked like a model straight out of the magazine.

Ending his call, frustratedly he pushed his jet black hair away from his forehead.

At that moment, his hazel eyes clashes with her light brown ones and a smirk formed on his lips.

With hurried steps, he came and stood opposite of her.

Daneen watched him with narrow eyes as she lazily sipped her tea.

Without hesitation, Murtaza sat beside her in a chair and snatched the cup from her hand.

"Your husband works so hard and here you are enjoying the evening tea all by yourself not even inviting him. Its consider as bad manners."

Daneen scoffed at him. "Listening to the word 'bad manners' coming from your mouth makes me want to laugh hard." In a sarcastic tone she mocked.

"Umm-hmm, Begum tumko toh chai bi nahi bnani ati." With a disgusted look he glanced at Daneen just to see her riled up.

(Umm-hmm, wifey you don't even know how to make tea)

She snatched her teacup from him "Agr tum chai ka namm pe jala doodh begair cheeni key peetay ho to ismay mera koi kasur nahi" sarcasm dripped from her tone. She was mocking him for drinking black tea.

(If you drink burnt milk without sugar in the name of tea then its not my problem)

"Wah tumhain to meri adaton ka pata bi chalna shuru hogya." A deep chuckle rumbled from his chest but a second later he clenched his jaw after realizing something.

(You are getting to know my habits, thats great)

With a deep serious voice, he spoke, "ye akhari bar ma tumko mujha 'tum' karkay bulati nazar ao. ainda ma ye bardashat nahi karo ga."
(This is the last time you disrespect me, after that I won't withstand it)

Daneen felt a little scared after listening to his tone. She knew it was not right to disrespect your husband but who could blame her when she didn't truly accept the marriage.

"Be prepared, I changed my mind rukhsati is in two days." His statement told Daneen that no matter what Murataza Qureshi won't ever leave her.