(2)

Hadiya led her towards the guest room to take some rest, Shafaq was grateful for a friend like her, she knew there were many questions left unanswered but it was enough for today.

She placed Alyan on the bed and he instantly started to play with his little legs.
Alyan was a blessing to her, her love for him knew no bounds, she could sacrifice herself for this little human and if circumstances were different, shafaq would have never brought him to Lahore.

She pushed some strands of hair behind her ears and suddenly remembered Hadiya's words about Azaan calling her daily.

She leaned against the headboard, she knew sooner or later she had to face him, shafaq made her mind, Tomorrow morning she would meet her husband Azaan Hassan Khan after fifteen months.

*******

Azaan looked at the setting sun through his office's window, the orange and scarlet hues decorated the whole sky now which was blue moments ago.
That was the glory of his lord which left him utterly speechless every day.

He released a large breath and diverted his attention to his Laptop screen where his wife was laughing, her hair was opened and henna decorated her hands, he was staring at her and smiling like a lunatic in that photo.

He used to love her henna-clad hands, he remembered how he demanded her to apply henna on her hands, whenever she would apply it Azaan used to write his name in bold letters on her hands.

He chuckled remembering how annoyed she used to get.

It was love at first sight for Azaan, he saw her at the bakery for the first time - complaining about getting the wrong order. Her voice the sweetest he had ever heard. Her hair - dark brown was tied in a loose braid that particular day, she had minimal make-up on, and still, she took his breath away instantly.
After many requests and pleadings, he finally got her number from the grumpy bakery owner.
She straight forward blocked him after he messaged her but luck was on his side and he came to know that she was his junior in the university.

Azaan didn't let go a single chance to talk to her. After many failed attempts, she finally gave in and he purposed shortly, not wasting any more time, they got married after she completed her graduation.

He took over his family business from his uncle right after his marriage, Shafaq also started her job,
Azaan respected her decisions, he liked his women independent who had goals to attain. Shafaq was supporting her single mother; she was very uncomfortable asking him money for her mother, even though he had no problem handling her wealth nonetheless he knew she held pride and satisfaction in her earnings and supporting her mother by herself used to make her complacent.

Azaan Hassan khan was contented
because every night he came home to the women he loved to no ends.

But his happiness remained only for a year, one day out of the blue, shafaq left him without any message without any letter, she took her mother who was her only family with her.
She left no traces of her and that day after her departure, Azaan Hassan Khan knew what hell feels like. Till this day he was living in misery.

He did everything he could do to find his wife but the woman was very smart she left no imprints behind her.

He couldn't pinpoint - what went wrong? Why she left him?

They were happy together, at least in his mind they were.

After a tiring day, he sat in his car to go home even though it was just a hollow place with his paralyzed mother in it who was just too sick to sit and talk on her own.

He hired a female nurse for her but there was no progress in her health.
He remembered how Shafaq's presence had a considerable impact on his mother's heath.

But she was gone now, taking all the good things with her leaving him bare hands with absolutely nothing.

The shrill sound of the ringtone of his phone jolted him to reality.

He put the call on the speaker.

"Speak Rameez, any news of her?"

"Actually, yes Sir, I do have good news."
He slammed his feet on the brake and eagerly waited for his bodyguard to deliver the news.

"What is it? Hurry up, Tell me." Impatiently, he spoke while tapping his hand on the steering wheel.

"Sir, ma'am Shafaq is in miss Hadiya's house right now, I just confirmed it with Ali."

No words were spoken, he threw his phone at the passenger seat and swiftly turned his car in the direction of Hadiya's house.

It had been long painful days, he thought while rashly driving the car.

Not after ten minutes, he stood outside his wife's best friend's house, knocking impatiently.

Asad opened the door with a scowl but after seeing the person in front of him his eyes became wide.

"Is my wife here?" His eyes were bloodshot, he looked like a man on the hunt.

Asad remained silent.

"I SAID, IS MY WIFE HERE?" He yelled with a clenched jaw and glared at him.

"She is in the guest room," Asad notified him as his wife - Hadiya, came beside him nodding at her husband.

Without wasting any more seconds, he reached the guestroom.

The door was slightly opened so he didn't bother to knock and went straight into the room.

There his wife stood, patting a small baby's back.

Their eyes collided and they both stood frozen on their spots.

His mouth gaped opened as he eyed the baby's back.

Only a whisper which was the name of his wife left from his mouth.

"Shafaq!"

Especially for AeimanAli.
That's it, folks! The next update will be on coming Monday.
And shoutout to herblackink for amazing covers. I love them so much.
Also a Fun Fact, Shafaq was named Haya first but I changed it at the last minute :-)
do you guys think Shafaq is better? or Haya was?
Tell me your thoughts and share your theories.
Vote and comment and I will see you on Monday.
Allah Hafiz.