(4)

Murtaza was succeeded in his mission. True to his words, the Rukhsati took place after just two days.

Everyone including Dada, Murtaza's parents, and Yashfa were extremely pleased.

Daneen didn't fight against him and accepted her defeat.

She was sitting on his bed in a heavy dress. Her wrists were adorned with many bangles and large elegant jhumkas were dangling from her ears. She truly was looking magnificent.

Daneen's eyes landed on her ring which Murtaza placed on her ring finger after four days of their Nikkah.

She never took off this stunning ring, she tried but she couldn't. It seemed like her heart already accepted Murtaza but her mind was fighting with her insecurities.

Deep in her thoughts, she didn't know when he came and sat in front of her.

She looked up and glanced at him who was looking very attractive in a cream coloured sherwani.

After sometimes looking at him, she mumbled.

"Hogai zid puri, hogaye khush, karli na akhir Rukhsarti."
He smiled at her. "Boht ziada khush hun."

Daneen clenched her hands in anger.

With a tired sigh, she got up from the bed but as she took a step, her wrist was captured by him.

"Abhi to manay puri tarah say apni dulhan ko dekha bhi nahi ha aur uth kay ja rahi ho itni jaldi."

"Let go of my hand, I don't want to waste more time for you." With greeted teeth, she conversed.

He took a step forward and ate the distance between them.

Narrowed eyes, he uttered to her.

"It would be better for you if you stop your silly behavior and act like a mature girl."

Daneen glared at him, with a force she took out her wrist from his hand and went straight ahead to the restroom.

She took a good amount of time changing and calming her nerves down.

Returning from the restroom, she saw Murtaza sitting on the sofa typing furiously on his phone.

"So, you're back, I thought you were thinking of staying the night at the washroom."

Daneen rolled her eyes. "Why would I do it, there's plenty of space in the room that I would like to enjoy."

Murtaza chuckled, "Seems like you finally accepted our relationship."

"Don't get your hopes high, I'm talking about the bedroom, I like it."

"If you like the bedroom then you can also like its owner."
His smirk irritated Daneen.

"Yes, you are right I like myself very much. Thank you."

Murtaza couldn't control his laughter and laughed wholeheartedly. He didn't remember when was the last time he laughed so freely but he could sense that there would never be a dull moment with his witty wife.

Leaving his phone, he came towards her, Daneen didn't pay any heeds to it as she thought he's going to change his clothes, she kept on scrolling on her phone.

But Murtaza has other intentions.
"Tumnay to muj sa mun dikhai hi nai li."
He again sat in front of her and held her hand.

With a bored sigh, she mumbled,

"I think you see me quite every day, so there should be nothing like 'mun dikhi' between us."

Trying to take her hand from his hold she struggled hard but it did not affect him.

"But I want to give it to you." Leaning close, he kissed her forehead softly and joined their heads.

Daneen who was trying hard on staying strong in his presence was seeing herself losing control.

"I want to give you whatever you want, just say the words." He softly caressed her cheeks with his thumb and looked straight into her big brown eyes.

"Anything?" She questioned him in disbelief.

"Anything!" confirming her question, he softly kissed her cheek.

Her heart was beating faster, she bit her lower teeth in anticipation and looked down.

Murtaza chuckled at her innocence and released her lower lip with his thumb.

Pushing him at a distance. She looked at him with a wicked smile on her face.

"Oh, I know what I want!"

Murtaza could sense that it won't turn promising to him but still he tried.

"What is it that you want, Janan."

"I want to paint this room pink."

"What!"

********

"Oh My God, Daneen, I can't believe, you made Bhai paint this room pink."
Yashfa seeing the pink room couldn't control her laughter and laugh like a lunatic.

"I know, you should have seen his face." Daneen laughed until tears gathered in her eyes.

"It's my mun dikhai you know."
With a big smile plastered on her face. Daneen spoke to Yashfa.

"Now, your brother will know that I'm not an easy and naive girl, and he can't control me, he has to pay the praise of forcefully marrying me."

Yashfa scoffed at her and went ahead to touch the walls.

Daneen was contented after seeing the angry face of Murtaza, the funny thing was that he was not angry with his wife rather with himself.

But as Murtaza Quershi never break his promise, the very next day the painters came to paint the room pink.

His masculine personality standing in a pink room was very comical to Daneen.

She took his photo without his acknowledgment and laughed at it.

"It's a lesson for me to never ask you for any opinion." He turned around after observing the paint.

And with a shake of his head, he left Daneen who was laughing like a fool.