(6)

It had been two days, both Daneen and Murtaza were ignoring each other.
From the past two days, Murtaza came home late to avoid his wife but to his surprise, he would find his wife already sleeping peacefully.

Murtaza was anxious, he didn't want to lose Daneen, he wanted to keep her only to himself, he wanted to cherish and love her, but his stubborn wife was not listening and believing anything coming out of her husband's mouth.

On the third day, he thought enough is enough, if his wife is not listening with love, then he has many ways to show her who the boss is.

He had enough of her stubbornness.

Murtaza was walking towards his car when he received a call from his sister saying to pick up Daneen from the local library.

He hung up on his sister's call and started his car with a little smile on his face.

His little wife can't escape from him, he thought while driving.

Fifteen minutes later, he reached his destination.

As Murtaza was going to enter the library, he saw Daneen across the road admiring the flowers in a small flower shop.

As he took a step towards her, at the same moment Daneen exit from the shop - searching for something in her handbag, walking without noticing the truck which was coming swiftly towards her like a lion coming for its prey.

At that moment, for the very first time, Murtaza Quershi felt like something was sucking the life out of him, he was feeling like a hopeless patient whose oxygen level was decreasing by seconds and he had no control over it.

He couldn't see his wife dying like that.

His beautiful wife whom he still has to convince to forget everything.

The wife he loves madly.

Everything was going in slow motion for him, in a second reality jolted him, throwing his phone and wallet on the street, he ran, he ran like a madman to save his wife - his Daneen.

When Daneen lifted her eyes after finding her phone from her handbag, he saw her husband running and yelling her name loudly.

In seconds, Daneen was pushed off by Murtaza from the road.

Her eyes opened with the blaring of the horn.

With panic, she looked at her husband who held her tightly with his chest.

"M-Murtaza." stuttering, she uttered her husband's name.

"Are you okay, are hurt anywhere?"
Murtaza started to check her for any injury but he found none.

He released Daneen after seeing the crowd of people forming and asking them questions.

The truck disappeared. Not even stopping for a second.

She heard the murmuring of people calling her idiot and dumbhead for standing at the center of the road.

But she was not even in the center of the road, she was just passing the road while taking out the phone from her bag.

Yeah, it was her fault.

Her arm was pulled in a tight grip of her husband, who led her towards his car while carefully crossing the road.

Murtaza made her sit on the passenger seat and went to gather something from the side of the road.

As he bent down, she saw from the windshield, his whole left sleeve was drenched in blood.

A gasp escaped from her lips and her eyes instantly got misty.

"M-Murtaza, you are bleeding." She tried to touch his arm when he sat in the driving seat but he didn't give her the chance and started the car.

"Murtaza, please slow down the car, you're in pain."

Her words did not affect him, instead, he drove more harshly.

"Murtaza, slow down the car, we will die." She yelled at him.

"Isn't that what to want, to die, I'm just making your path easy, I also don't want to live, I will die with you today." With a clenched jaw and bloodshot eyes, he replied.

"Murtaza for God's sake stop the car, please." She was sobbing hard.

"I'm sorry, please just stop the car." This time it was a whisper.

The car slowed down on an abandoned road.

He looked at her with hard eyes.

With tears stricken face she held his injured arm in her soft hands.

"You made your wound worse, you fool."
She glared at him.

"Step out, I will drive, we are going to the hospital."

"No!" the deep authoritative voice of his
Stopped here in her tracks.

"We will talk here first." With eyes dead set on hers, he spoke through clenched teeth.

"No, we will go to the hospital first." With equal harshness, she also pronounced.

They both glared into each other eyes.

Daneen was the first one to break the silence. "We will talk in the house, I promise, this time I won't run away, but please let's go to the hospital first."

Tears again gathered in her eyes seeing the blood on his arm.

He released a deep breath.

"Fine then, drive me to the hospital."

She smiled through her tears but he averted his eyes and got out of the car.

Vote and comment for the sooner update:-)