Levi + Reader- Anxiety Tics

Sorry this took so long I've got a lot of assignments at the moment so finding time to write is very tricky, but I hope you enjoy this oneshot

Sorry this took so long I've got a lot of assignments at the moment so finding time to write is very tricky, but I hope you enjoy this oneshot. ❤️❤️

Will put a warning on this one if anything in the request upsets you please do skip this one as I have written most of what is in the request but the MC in this oneshot isn't depressed or down about her tics and does look on them in a positive way. ❤️❤️

Words: 1437

Your boyfriend, Levi Ackerman, kept glancing at you. You had only just noticed him doing it as you were looking for free space at his table with the other scout superiors, you were confused at first, but he clearly wanted to tell you something, you were confused until he clearly and pointedly rubbed his nose while making eye contact with you. That was the signal that your tics were starting to ramp up, as at the beginning you yourself usually didn't even notice them... most of the time.

This is because they started off small, always with repeated sniffing and scrunching of your nose or crooking your eyebrows, usually something small and a bit mundane, that's why the signal was a rub of the nose. They were anxiety tics brought on by stress or anxiety, expeditions being the main stress point, and there was an expedition coming up in two weeks.

Leading up to the expedition or whatever stress point it could be your tics would progressively get worse. Scrunching of your nose was just the start, after that it would lead to clicking from your mouth and random phrases that you would repeat, that would usually escalate to clapping and shouting before it finally ended with you full on slapping your hitting yourself usually in the face or chest.

When you were younger you would dread this final stage of your tics, but now that you had Levi, he would support you and do his best to stop you from hurting yourself. You would sometimes get tics when there wasn't any stress point in your life, but they were mainly bought on by anxiety and stress.

A lot of people ask you why you joined the scouts because "surely that place is hell on earth for someone like you with those tics" but honestly Fuck them! Everywhere you go or anything you do could result in stress which would trigger your tics, so why should you run away from something you've always wanted to do and it's your life.

In fact, you always tell them "apart from expeditions the scouts is actually one of the least stressful places you have been" Because you love it "Training, commanding and being in charge of a squad and even paperwork didn't stress you out, so why would you go somewhere that would stress you constantly. It was only the expeditions because they are literal life and death, you could lose your life and even if you were cool on the outside, inside the anxiety was slowly crawling around and building inside of you.

Everyone knew about your tics, not as in depth as your boyfriend, no one particularly knew about the build-up and everything else your tics threw at you, they just knew that when it was getting serious or if you were doing something that looked a bit like a tic, they knew to go and get Levi to help you.

As said before, sometimes you don't even know when you're doing your anxiety tics because of how minute they were, that's where Levi and your close friends came in to warn you. Some would say that knowing about it would just make you more nervous, but you had been living with it for many many years, so it was more just par for the course. You were used to it and knowing about it allowed you to protect yourself and everyone else around you.

You took your plate and sat down next to Levi, Levi reached over and gave you a little rub and a pinch on the nose, this side of Levi was so cute and it made you laugh and shake your head a little bit, Levi had a little bit of worry in his eyes as he performed this familiar action, but even so neither of you were particularly worried, for the moment anyway... that would change if it got more serious.

Sometimes you could feel if it was going to get to that dangerous stage but today you didn't have that feeling "don't worry I don't think it'll progress too far today but you never know".

That last sentence was probably a bit harsh sounding, but it was true, that feeling was only intuition and intuition wasn't 100% accurate... it was barley even 50% accurate so you both didn't completely go by it, it was more of a rough outline.

"Ok I'll still keep an eye on you and let the others know, but with the expedition so close this was basically expected, and I'll wrap your hands in our room in a bit" Levi responded his lips slightly tilting up

You nodded with a smile and then turned to tuck into your food, the hand wrapping was a solution that both you and Levi came up with, when your tics seemed to be progressing, or even started out bad, you would wrap your hands with gauze this gave you a little padding. It limited the damage you would do to yourself when you got to the slapping stage of your tics.

You had a good system going which kept both yourself and the people around you as safe as you could.

*Time Skip*

It was the day before the expedition and the last, and worst, day of your tics for this spurt of stress. Yep... your last day. Strangely on the day and during the expedition Your tics never surfaced, like a switch it completely shut off. No one had been able to pinpoint the exact reason it happened, but Hange had theorised it was something to do with the hormones that racing around your body that day... or she said it was something to do with mind focus.

Whichever it was, Hange wanted to find out, so in these days close to and on the day of the expedition you had to go to her lab where she could run tests. It wasn't your favourite thing in the entire world, but you wanted to understand yourself better who wouldn't want to know and she said she might be able to make some sort of medication to help you control your tics better.

You sent a hard blow to your face, it was caused by your tics, but it was ok... or as ok as it could be thanks to your wrapped hands. Even though it was a very strong blow, the landing was more like being hit with a pillow then a fist. But now that it's started you had to just wait until it stopped.

You couldn't stop it and you just kept repeatedly slapping yourself, you also had a bit of a neck/head twitch as you were slapping yourself, all of the muscles on your face would twitch as well, giving you a slightly pained look. You weren't in pain though and even though there was almost a twitching in your mind, you could still continue to walk over to Hange's lab.

You felt a calloused hand gently grab your wrist, it was Levi, he didn't pull your hand away just held your wrist. He didn't try and stop you from slapping yourself as the tense pulling of your muscles could cause injury to yourself or even Levi, you both kept walking and let your tic happen, almost trying to wear it out a bit.

After the slapping stopped you let your hand drop, your face twitched for a bit longer before that stopped as well. Your shoulders lifted a couple of times and that was that for that burst of activity "alright?" Levi asked from beside you, moving his hand from your wrist and to your hand, linking your fingers.

"Yep, I'm okay, I'll just be glad to be over with it after today... hopefully" you smiled.

Your twitch still went on as you walked but it weren't as serious as the slapping at the moment, just the usual nose scrunches and body twitches, nothing to be too concerned about. This was your life and the best way to deal with it is to laugh and be happy, while taking it as it goes.