Levi + Self Concious Reader

Words: 2290

Words: 2290

You sighed looking up to the ceiling from where you lay, you were in Levi's bed waiting for him to finish his nightly rounds, like you always were. You had to wait up for him every night because of his various tasks around HQ, he did tell you to sleep but you promised him that you would always go to sleep together so couldn't.

Every night you were left thinking to yourself while you waited for your boyfriend, you were thinking about your relationship with him, more specifically about why he picked you to be his lover. You would think long and hard about this any time you were given a moment to think.

The door to the bedroom opened and you looked over to it, Levi came in, he was just wearing his shirt and trousers. His ice cool eyes looked over to you and his lips slightly quirked up into a small smile, it was very small, and you doubt anyone else would have noticed he was smiling, heck you wouldn't have noticed it if you weren't completely focused on his face.

"You don't have to wait up for me every night you know" he spoke while stripping off his shirt to out a fresh one on for bed.

You watched closely, he was facing away from you so you could only see his back, but it was still a sight to see. His strong muscles pulling and moving as he swapped the shirt. A few scars littered his skin, you only saw a few there were a lot more all over but none of them were particularly new so that was good. Every scar was a story and a story that played heavily in your mind.

"I do, we promised to sleep together every night, so I have to wait up for you" you smiled "it's fine I don't mind waiting for you."

It's true you didn't mind the waiting, you just wished that you had something to do while you waited, it would keep your mind off everything. Levi speaking making your flick your eyes back to him "just don't wear yourself out, I got you as a part of my squad but if you start slacking, you'd have to be replaced"

Levi turned around and made his way back to you, you kept the smile in your face "trust me I'm fine, if it starts getting to much then I'll sleep before you get back... I promise."

You met Levi's eyes, but he was frowning which made you worry, did he finally have enough of you? Was this what you were worrying about? Did he finally find someone better for him? Someone he can relate to. Are my worst thoughts coming to life?

This is what you were worried about the whole time, your relationship with Levi. You loved Levi with all your body and soul, but you didn't think you were right for him, he was quite a bit older than you but that wasn't you main worry, it was your life experiences they were very different. You had quite a cosy life, although your family was poor and you had to join the scouts because of it, your life was still a mostly comfortable one.

Whereas Levi's life defiantly was not anything near comfortable, having lived in the underground all his life and then being forcibly dragged to the scouts, the man hadn't really had that much joy and happiness in his life. He also hadn't ever had a proper family like you did, there must be someone out there that's better for him, and when that person comes, he'll surly leave you for them.