Season 3 Chapter 13 : Rescue Exercises

Time has passed since Ben has cleared the first part of the exam, and he was waiting for the remaining slots to be filled by the passing students. Luckily, all of the Class 1-A students were able to pass the first part of the exam and they were all currently in the Ante Room listening to what they would be doing for the second part from Mera who was talking through the speakers.

Mera : *through speakers* Well, for all hundred of you who passed the first test please watch this.

Everyone looks towards the big screen on the wall and sees that it was showing the field that they were just at taking the first test. Suddenly, all around each area of the field start to explode, destroying the area and shocking everyone.

Mera : *through speakers* The next test will be the last one. We will have you all perform rescue exercises as bystanders in this disaster site.

Kaminari & Mineta : "Bysliders"?

Hagakure : "Bystanders." They're people who happen to be at the scene. We learned this in class, remember?

Ben : Even if we didn't I think it's common knowledge to know that...

Yaoyorozu : It can also refer to ordinary citizens, though.

Mera : *through speakers* We will assume that those of you who have passed the first test have received your provisional license, and test how well you can carry out suitable rescue procedures.

Shoji : There are people.

Ben  : There are elderly and children.

Mineta : That's dangerous! What are they doing?

Mera : *through speaker* They are people who have undergone training to be professional people-in-need-of-rescue and are in high demand right now. The "Help Us Company," or "H.U.C" for short!

Sero : Professional people-in-need-of-rescue?

Tsuyu : There are a lot of jobs out there, huh?

Ojiro : It's one adapted to this work where heroes are so popular.

Mera : *through speakers* The people from H.U.C. have dressed up as injured victims and are on standby throughout the disaster site. We will now have you all carry out their rescue. In addition, we will score your rescue based on points and if you have more points than the benchmark at the end of the exercises, then you pass. We will start in ten minutes, so please use the restroom and take care of any necessary business right now.

After Mera's announcement was finished Ben went over to the table with a bunch of food and then starts eating a piece of bread.

Ben  : ( I could go for some chili fries about now. )

Gwen : Hey, dweeb.

The sudden familiar voice that Ben heard makes him jump as the piece of bread he was eating got longed in his throat. He starts to choke and was unable to breathe, but he quickly grabbed a cup of water on the table and washed the piece of bread down.