Chapter twelve

Olivia's pov

The car ride was filled with Lena's occasional singing. It was cute as she had clearly slipped, so some words were not pronounced properly. Honestly I had to stop myself from laughing and cooing out loud. Anna was cooing the entire ride, looking at Lena through the mirror. When Lena slips we rather say nothing, we don't want her to freak out. I smiled to myself, she's obsess with Lena. But then again, who wouldn't be.

The moment felt like we were a real family. Anna turned to me and smiled. She grabbed my hand and held it in hers. I'm so lucky. Finally, I made it to marcels without any accidents, seeing how focused I was on Anna and Lena.

"We has Ice cweam!!!" Lena squealed from the backseat, flailing her arms in the air. She grabbed the seatbelts and tried to loosen it, but failed miserably.

"Yes we are, baby" Anna chuckle while getting out of the car to the back to help Lena out. She opened the door and helped unbuckle the seatbelts.

"Let's go!!" Lena exclaimed loud, trying to jump out of the car but Anna stopped her. She's really excited for ice cream.

"Baby, I know you excited but I want you to be careful. I want you to wait for me or Oli to help you, okay. And no running off without us. I don't want you to get hurt" Anna said sternly in a soft voice while cupping Lena's face in her hands. Anna looked Lena dead in the eyes.

Ohhhh, mama bear is out. I couldn't stop the smile that formed on my face.

"I sowwy A'na, no mean to jus 'cited" Lena said in her little voice. Her bottom lip quivering while looking up with her big doe eyes. She looked like a wounded puppy. I saw Anna's face soften. Looks like she has Anna around her finger.

"It's okay, Lena. Oli and I just want you safe" she cooed and pulled her in a hug.

"Who's ready for ice cream!" I said enthusiastically. I'm so hungry. I need food first. Plus who eats ice cream for breakfast. I know I ate at home but I'm still hungry. A girl got to eat!

"Me me me!!!" Lena jumped on the heels of her sandal. I locked the doors as everyone was out of the car. Anna grabbed Lena's hand and I the other. Her hands are so tiny. She only reached below my chest area seeing I'm 5"11. Lena is probably 4'9 or 4'10. Fun size (no hate to small people, I'm 4'8 and 19)

"I see you want all mama bear back there" I whispered in Anna's ear with a teasing smile.

"I did? I didn't even notice. Was it to much. I can't help it. I just want to protect her, look at her, Liv" Anna said exasperatedly as we looked at Lena who was in her own world, swinging our hands.

"You right, who wouldn't" I chuckled and Anna smiled at me then gave me a kiss on my cheek.

We entered the establishment and sat in the back. The booths had couches as seats. Anna and Lena on one side and me on the other. Anna picked up the kids menu and gave it to Lena, subconsciously. Lena didn't not seem to mind and took it excitedly.

"Lena, did you have breakfast already?" I asked while browsing through my menu. I'm met with silence. I looked up from my menu and saw her chewing on her thumb whiling looking down. I gaze over to Anna and saw her watching Lena, who avoided our gaze.

"Nope, not going to happen. Breakfast first, no ice cream until you eat at least something. We spoke about this sweetheart" Anna pulled her face softly to face her.

"I forgots buts I nots hungwy A'na. I wants ice cweam" Lena said stubbornly.

"No breakfast, no ice cream. Simple as that" Anna tutted, clearly not impress and neither was I.

"You heard A'na, honey. You have to eat" as Lena looked at me with a pleading look, while Anna was glaring at me. No way am I being put on the couch tonight.

"Fines" Lena huffed and folded her arms, pouting adorably. I smell a tantrum.

"Thank you, sweetheart. I'm just looking out for you. So what you like to eat?" I asked.

"Anythings. I want waffles and sywup, pease" Lena said, bouncing in her seat. Wow, that's a quick change of emotions. I wonder how it will be when she's with us eventually.

Breakfast went smoothly. There were lots of giggling and topics a person wouldn't even think of from Lena. Half of the time we couldn't make out what she was saying, but it was entertaining nevertheless.

After that we want to the movies and watched Moana. Obviously Lena's choice, she was so hyper at the end of the movie from all the candy she had for the day. It was refreshing to seeing.

"I think it's time to go home now" Anna said while we walked out of the cinema. Lena was beginning to walk sluggishly. She blinked slowly and look up at Anna and nodded her head.

I was resisting the urge to pick her up and carry her. By the car, I buckled a half asleep Lena and kissed Anna. The car ride was silent. A comfortable silence except for soft snoring. Parking in front of Lena's complex, we turned to look at each other.

"Let's wake her up" Ann said softly turning to look at Lena. We both got out to the back. I shake her arm softly, but I just got a whine in return.

"Come on, honey. It's time to get inside" I tried again but got a whine again. Lena opened her eyes slowly with a sad look on her face.

"Up pease" she said while holding up her arms and made grabby hands. I looked shocked at Anna and she had the same expression as me.

"Lena, come on honey" I tried once again. I just needed to be 100% sure.

"Up pease" she said with pleading look still holding her arms up. Anna cooed at how adorable she Lena looked making grabby hands.

I heart rate picked up with excitement. I picked her up carefully and laid her head on my shoulder and held my arms under her bum. She's so light. Lena cooed happily and snuggle more into me. Anna was staring at us with a small smile on her face and love shining in her green eyes.

This was just the topping to end off a perfect day.

_________________

I call this progress. I'm so excited to finally start with mdlg in the next chapter. I can't wait.

To everyone that is still reading, thank you for being so patient. And also thank you for those for add my story to their reading list.

Again thanks for the love and support.
I love you 🥺💜