Chapter fifty six

Anna's pov

"Not mama, it A'na" I heard Lena mumble harshly under her breath. I don't think she knew I heard her.

My eyes darted away from a running Lena as my breath hitched. I stared at Olivia with wide and panic eyes.

"S-she didn't mean that" Olivia hurriedly said, looking flabbergasted just as I am.

"She said I'm not her mama... she said I'm not her mama" I blinked trying to blink my tears away.

"She's upset Anna. You know kids say a lot of things they don't mean. Lena's in headspace and upset. Don't take it serious" Liv said as she moved forward to comfort me.

"I-I-I c-can't do this" i backed away from Olivia as I turn and ran up the stairs, straight to the bedroom.

"Anna!" Olivia screamed after me. I could hear her make her way after me.

"Mommy?" I heard Lena called out. She cursed and I heard her footsteps retreated back down to tend to Lena.

I slammed the bedroom door shut behind me. I leaned back, struggling to take deep breaths in as my heart pounded into my ears. I rubbed my heart as sharp pains shot through it. I staggered to the bed and laid down, taking shuddering breaths in and out as I count to ten.

"Anna?" I heard Liv knocked on the door.

I moved my eyes to the door but I didn't move to open it. Tears were sliding down the side of my face as I stared up at the ceiling. I just needed a moment.

"Lena wants to talk you you" Liv said after a while as I heard sniffles. I knew it was Lena's. My heart clenched, knowing Lena was crying.

I didn't reply to Olivia's constant knocking or Lena's sniffling. I turned into a ball as I heard Liv sigh and walked away from the door. I looked up at the monitor and saw Olivia walking around in the nursery comfortingly Lena, who was sobbing.

I turned away from the monitor as I cried myself to sleep.

**

Olivia's pov

"Anna" I yelled after her as she ran up the stairs in distraught and I don't blame her.

"Mommy?" Lena called me, making me stop my chase after Anna.

This was a mess and it couldn't go on any longer. My head was pounding of this headache forming. I hate arguments, especially when it goes on for to long.

We could have talked earlier if I didn't take Lena out for breakfast and to the park to look for Mr Noodles. She was a scared to enter the park, that I had to look for her stuffy while she sat in the car and cried.

I ended up not finding him and it made Lena cry harder. I had sat in the backseat cradling her at the lost of her first stuffy.

"Sit with me, I need to talk to you" I said as I took Lena's hand and sat with her on the sofa.

"Okays, t'en we play" Lena said as she smiled and pointed to her toys on the floor.