Chapter thirty five

Lena's pov

"Did something happen?" Anna asked, frowning while looking shock. Her eyes squinted in disbelief.

"Nothing happened" I gave a small smile.

"Did Olivia or I do something wrong? If we did, you can tell us and we can fix it, sweetheart" Anna rushed, gripping the door handle so tight, that her knuckles turned white.

"I promise you both did nothing wrong!" I rushed out. I didn't want them mad at me. I quickly look away from her hand.

"If it's nothing, why can't you tell us?" Anna exasperated.

I guess Olivia caught what I was looking at, and grabbed Anna's other hand and squeezed it. Anna looked to her confused while Liv discreetly eyed to her hands that had a death grip on the handle. Her eyes widen and let go.

"I'm sorry, Lena. I'm just confused" she sighed and rubbed her forehead.

Distress was clear on both on their face.

"Do you regret your decision?" Olivia asked looking hurt. Pain flashed pass both their eyes.

"Is that it? Is that why you don't want to come with us home. We would have talked it out and would have understand, Lena" Liv continued.

"I don't...I...I...I need to go" I hurriedly spat out. I pulled my raincoat over my head and turned away from them. I'm a coward.

"You can't leave us hanging like this, Lena. God!! My mind is running crazy right now. Please talk to us!" Anna's voiced cracked. I could hear one of them sniffled.

I couldn't listen to them cry because of me. I sped walked away from them, leaving a confused Anna and Olivia behind. Tears are rolling down my face as I walked down the street. I couldn't bare to see the confusion and hurt on their face. It wasn't my intention to hurt them but I was doing the exact opposite.

"Lena!!" I heard Anna's distress voice called out from behind me.

I walked faster and kept my head down. I could hear their car getting closer. I breath a sigh of relief as I came in front of my apartment complex. I heard a car door open and closed. They began to walk after me. I greeted the receptionist, who liked shock to see me but saluted at me. I smiled and got in the elevator.

The elevator closed right as Olivia and Anna walked to the elevator but the receptionist stopped them both. They watched me as I watched them. My gut wrenched with hurt and betrayal.

"I'm sorry" I mouthed as the doors closed.

**

The entire week I couldn't eat or sleep. All I did was cry. Cry at the numerous missed calls and voice messages Anna and Olivia left. They made sure to call me everyday and and send food to my apartment, but I didn't eat it, it all stood on the kitchen counter. My place was a mess.

Whenever they visited me on my break at work, I made sure to hide and let Angelica cover for me. I really liked her, maybe she can hopefully become my friend although she kept telling me to talk to Anna and Olivia.

I watched them from behind the shelfs as they asked for me. I could see the pain and tiredness on their face.

I miss Anna and Olivia so much. I want my mama and mommy.

I couldn't function without them. I had to stop myself from slipping whenever I listen to there voice notes every night to help myself sleep. I kept zoning out. I didn't know what a was stopping me from calling them at this point. It also became harder to fight 'little me'.