Chapter 37-The Social

Happy Easter everyone! 

Sorry for the late update, just like what I have informed you, I'd get busy with school and I wasn't wrong about that. Today's the last day of my short break.

Quick Recap: Andrew invited Christie to be his date for the social event his company would be haivng. Christian confessed his feelings to Emily.

Thinking Out Loud - Ed Sheeran

Chapter 37—The Social

"Are you ready?"  Andrew yelled. I could imagine him standing impatiently in our living room with his suit on.

"One more minute!" I answered before I applied my red lipstick on.  I then smiled to myself, seeing the result of my magic. I then dropped my lipstick inside my purse and stood up.

"You've been saying that for the last twenty minutes. How many 'one more minute', really?" He asked and I can't help but laugh. Indeed, I have been saying that for the last twenty minutes.

"I'm done." I said as I slipped on my heels. I then walked out of our bedroom and turned the lights off. He was leaning on the hand rails with his eyes on his wristwatch. His gaze slowly turned to my direction and his lips curved into a smile.

"What do you think?" I asked as I made my way downstairs.

As soon as I reached the bottom step, he immediately pulled me by my waist and kissed me full on the lips. "Well, it was worth the wait."

I then slapped his arms playfully and giggled. "Now, are we going or not?"

"I'd love to just stay here you know." He whispered after giving me another peck on the lips.

"Do that again and we'll get there late and you'll be having lipstick on." I chuckled and he groaned.  We can't miss this event. This would be our opportunity to socialize and maybe find some potential investors for the magazine our friends wanted to put up.

"We're not yet done." He said, smiling as he poked the tip of my nose. I just chuckled at him as he took a hold of my hand and lead me towards the car.

After a few minutes, we arrived at the hotel where the event would be held.  I took a deep breath, a little nervous. I don't know. I guess I'm nervous because I would be meeting Andrew's colleagues. The first time I set foot in their building, I know these people had a not-so-good impression of me. I can't blame them though.

Andrew squeezed my hand before releasing it. He then wrapped it around my waist, whispering. "Relax, okay? They won't bite you. I won't let them."

As soon as we got inside the hall, the sound of piano and violin playing invaded my ears. The people around were obviously wearing their best suits and dresses. I suddenly felt a little conscious of my dark blue backless dress. It was elegant yet simple as compared to the fancy long dresses of the women around me. Their dresses looked pretty expensive for my taste.

"Hey, you must be Christie?" A brunette approached us. I then glanced at Andrew and he just smiled at me. I nodded at her as I smile. "I'm Lisa."

"Oh, Lisa." I mumbled as soon as realisation hit me. She was the girl I saw with Andrew when Danny dropped me off at their office. "Oh gosh, I'm sorry about la—"

"No, don't be. I totally understand," She cut me off, chuckling. "if I was in your position, I'd do the same thing or much worse like slapping the woman but I'm thankful you didn't slap me."