Chapter 38-Finding the Perfect Gift

A long chapter ahead. c: Enjoy~!

Bright - Echosmith

Dedicated to:  Dewdrop_12 because of her comment on the previous chapter. *winks*

Chapter 38—Finding the Perfect Gift

It was just a week away before Andrew's birthday and I haven't found the perfect gift for him yet. To make things even worse, I had to be absent from my work because I wasn't feeling well the moment I woke up.

I woke up feeling extremely queasy even before our alarm clock rang. I immediately sprinted on my way to the rest room and began puking. Andrew followed instantly when he realised I was there vomiting. He then told me not to go to work but I contradicted when he said he would take a leave for work as well.

So, here I am wearing one of his shirts and boxers, watching Ellen on Youtube simply because, why not? Raising my feet up with my laptop on my abdomen, I heard my phone rang. I quickly grabbed it and answered the call.

"Hi, Court!" I answered enthusiastically as I pressed the pause button.  "What's up?"

"You're not reading any of our messages, have you?" She told me as a matter-of-factly. "No need to answer, it's pretty obvious you weren't."

"Why? Did I miss anything?" I asked taking my laptop off my abdomen. I then placed it on the center table.

"I'll be there in five minutes," She announced making me nod. "Zoey said she wanted to meet us but Andrew told her that you weren't feeling well, we'll just go there."

"Oh, alright."

"Are you still feeling sick?" Courtney asked, with a hint of concern in her voice.

"Not anymore," I answered, smiling to myself. I think it was pretty weird to be feeling sick earlier and feeling normal now. "Oh, bring some food."

"Doughnuts?" She asked making me grin. "I'll go tell Zoe to buy us some drinks, if you want."

"That would be lovely." I answered, grinning to myself.

*

"You really should check your phone, Chris." Courtney told after she gave me a quick peck on my cheek. "Oh, you look like you've gained weight."

"Really?" I asked as I looked at myself. "Do you think I'm fat?"

"No," Courtney said as she plopped down on the couch. "You look fine but I just noticed how fast you've gained. You look like you've gained a few pounds in just a week."

"Really? You've seen me last week," I said as I raised my arms, checking if they looked bigger than usual. "Did I really gain that much?"

"At least we know Andrew's not making you starve," She chuckled before winking at me. "your mom would throw a fit if he would."

I laughed at her especially when she tried her best to look angry. The door bell then rang and we both know it was Zoey. I then stood up and opened the door.

Zoey was grinning from ear to ear as soon as I opened the door. She then gave Courtney and I quick hug.

"So here are the frappes you girls wanted." Zoey announced as she stretched out her hand holding the paper bag. I didn't miss the stone that was shining on her finger.