Chapter 10-Making My Mom Psycho

Another update! Sorry I got busy (Again) but I still managed to finish this chapter. Whew!

Dedicated to: Dearestykaf for the banner! :) Thanks, dear! I know you've asked me this but it's okay even if you used a different cast (though Selena is a little different from I've imagined Christie to be) but it's the thought that counts. xx

Chapter 10—Making My Mom Psycho

“Now, let me show you.” My mother told as she turned the door knob and pushed it open. I suddenly felt cold as if the temperature has dropped down to below zero when my mom began to push my wheelchair inside and my view of the unconscious person in the hospital became clearer to me.

“W-what happened?” I mumbled, my eyes getting watery. My mother pushed the wheelchair towards the bed. “W-what happened to Andrew, ma?” I repeated.

“You asked me if I would entrust my daughter’s life to someone like him, remember? My answer is yes.” She took a deep breath before she continued. “Andrew wasn’t able to come and visit you because he too, was out. He hasn’t opened his eyes ever since he was brought here tothe hospital.”

I then took Andrew’s hand and squeezed it gently. “Please tell me everything, mom.”

“Zoey called Jay right after they noticed you were gone. Courtney saw you were being dragged by a guy.” I can feel her tensed up even though she was standing behind me. “Andrew immediately came to the bar looking for you. They told me he found you unconscious at a bathroom being assaulted. Your clothes were torn. Andrew protected you, Christie.”

Little did I realize that a tear hadfallen from my eye. I bit my tongue believing that I wouldn’t sob.

“Thinking you were already safe and that the guy was already down, he lowered his guard. When Jay and Drake came, a pot that was decorating the sink was hammered into his head. His head was even banged on the floor after. Blood  had already spilled from Andrew’s head when Jay and Drake were able to stop the guy.”

“Cole.” I mumbled as the memories of that night came flashing back. I was being held by Cole and he slapped and banged my head on the wall. My visions turned blurry and black. I heard a familiar voice screaming two words. “You” and “bastard” were the last two words I heard before I completely lost all consciousness.

“Pardon me?” My mom asked as she shifted her position.

“Cole. It was Cole who did this.” I said through gritted teeth. I could feel my blood boiling from anger.  “He should pay for this.”

“He’s in jail now. If you want, we could go and file a case against him as soon as you’re released from the hospital.”

I nodded at my mom’s statement, still looking at Andrew. My mom must have noticed so, she continued. “He had a stitch somewhere in his head but the doctor says he’ll be fine .”

“I’m sorry.” I whispered. “Mom, this wouldn’t have happened if—”

“Don’t blame yourself, Christie. Nobody wanted this to happen. Andrew wouldn’t blame you either.” My mom cut me off, she then walked in front of me. I looked away, feeling ashamed of myself.

How can I be so immature? How can I be so focused on myself? How can I be so stupid and closed-minded?  Why didn’t I realize my parents were right? Why didn’t I try to look and understand their side? Why hadn’t I listened to Andrew? He should have been teasing me, laughing at me right now. He shouldn’t be lying in that bed, unconscious . . . for trying to protect me.