Chapter 47-Better Soon

Unedited.

Fix You -Coldplay

Chapter 47—Better Soon

I was starting to get used to everything. I would always tell myself that this was normal. This should be my everyday routine. The weather was getting cold as days passed by. Christmas was definitely coming in a month.

"That woman has been there since our lunch break," Daniel said as he pointed at the woman who was seating on one of the couches on the lobby of the building. Daniel walked closer as Emily and I followed his lead.

My fist immediately tightened when I caught a good glimpse of her face. Her blonde hair was clipped. Her head was bowed down and her eyes were closed. She was napping and I wasn't really interested to know whether she just fell asleep because of waiting or she slept on purpose. I wouldn't want to find out the reason why she has been here in our office building for what seems like hours now.

"Excuse me," Daniel mumbled before I could even ask him to stop. He didn't know who she was. He tapped her shoulder, startling her a bit. "I noticed you've been there since our lunch break and I—"

"Christie!" Tiffany sat right up as she noticed my presence behind Daniel. Her dull grey eyes were piercing through mine. It wasn't filled with confidence and pride like they used to. To my surprise, it was coated with remorse and a bit of sadness.

"You two knew each other?" I heard Emily asked making me turn towards her. Her green eyes were wide, obviously surprised that I knew Tiffany. Shouldn't I be the one asking that question to her? "She was the pregnant woman I have told you guys about,"

I gave Tiffany a glance before I turned away from them. Before I could even walk a meter away from them, I heard Tiffany spoke. "I need to talk to you,"

"There's nothing to talk about, Tiffany," I said in a cold voice as I looked back at her.

"There is," She stood up and took a step closer towards me. "Please, Christie. Please. I'm really sorry."

"If this is about Andrew," I told trying to keep my cool. I felt Emily and Daniel gasped lightly in surprise as they heard me spoke his name after a long while. Obviously, they weren't expecting to meet her. "It's over. We're over. Go get him."

"Please, just listen."

"Look Tiffany, I don't want to cause a scene here, okay?" I said raising my left hand up, signalling for her to stop. "Just please stop."

"B-but-"

"I don't want to see you ever again," I told her through gritted teeth. "I thought it was already obvious but I guess you're that stupid not to understand or you're just too thick faced."

Without waiting for any reaction from her, I turned my back on her and started walking out of the building. I heard her faint voice saying something that sounded like a sorry. I looked down at my fist and notice how white it has now become.

"Sorry," I mumbled automatically when my shoulder bumped with someone. I looked up and saw a brown haired guy whose brown eyes were wide as if surprised to see me. He just nodded at me but his expression remained the same.

I looked away and started hailing for a cab. I didn't want to see Tiffany walking out of the building. I really didn't want to talk to her when the pain was still there and the wounds were still fresh.

**

I went straight to my room when I got home. My mother knocked in my room a few minutes later asking if I was okay. I knew she didn't buy it when I told her I was fine but I was thankful she didn't press it any further.