Chapter 27-BirthDATE

Well, well, well. Look what we have here. 

AN UPDATE~! Since my trip got cancelled, I was able to finish this update and... asgfhsjklaktri K. I won't spoil you soooo, go on and read it. ;)

Boom Clap by Charli

Chapter 27—BirthDATE

I woke up on my birthday by a kiss on my cheeks.  I slowly opened my eyes not shocked to see Andrew.  It was a nice sight with his beautiful blue orbs staring down at my hazel ones. He was smiling genuinely at me and I smiled back even before I realised it.

“Good morning, beautiful.” He greeted. Last night, after work, we decided to drink some wine as we wait till midnight for my birthday. We both took a day off for today. “Happy birthday, wifey.”

“Good morning and thank you, hubby.” I greeted back as I tried to sit but my muscle just aches. No, before you think about that, I would have to say that we didn’t.

Right after work, we just ate at a simple diner down the block. When we got home, we were so bored that we decided to run from our house to our parental house. Yes, run. I wasn’t the sporty type unlike Andrew.  So, at some point he would slow his pace down and pretend he was tired just so I could keep up. But whenever I’m almost near, he would just ran faster and just tell me how frequent I have to run just so I could actually keep up.

By the time I got at my parent’s home, he was already there, calm and collected,  talking to our parents with one of his hands holding my mom’s special chicken sandwiches. I, on the other hand, looked horrifyingly tired and out breath. After a little chat with them, we walked, thankfully, on our way home. He would often tease me about how slow I was while we were running and how similar the shade of my face and hair was while I was trying to outrun him.

When we got home, since we were still full, we just opened a bottle of wine while playing cards. After a bottle and a half, we decided to go upstairs and sleep. I don’t know how it happened but yeah, I just woke up in the middle of the night snuggling at his chest. Was it wrong to say that it felt good? Yeah, I guess. But then, I wasn’t going to say that…at least not out loud anyway.

“How about I go get us some breakfast?” He offered winking at me before he stood up from our bed. He then took his shirt hanging behind the door and wore it so much for my dismay.

I just stared there in our bed and realized how I badly needed to at least stretch my body to lessen the muscle pain I’m feeling. I stood up and stretched my arms over my head.  I then turned my upper body from left to right, repeating it for about four times.  I bent myself over trying to reach my toes without bending my knees.

“Are you trying to seduce me or something?” I heard Andrew say making me stand straight up. I turned to face him and there was a smirk on his face as his arms were crossed over his chest. His eyes were gazing me from head to toe. “With that skimpy short of yours and that top? Hmmm.”

“This is a pyjama short and this is a tank top. I always sleep with this outfit and you know that.” I answered pointing my shorts and my tank top.

“Right.” He said shrugging his shoulders. “The breakfast is ready.”

“That was fast. What’d ya cook?” I asked as I followed him towards our kitchen. I then found two bowls filled with cereal and milk. “I should’ve seen this coming.”

“At least I prepared it.” He winked at me as he sat on his chair. “It takes a lot of effort to pour all those.”

“Right, a lot.” I repeated, rolling my eyes at him. He just chuckled and we began eating. Not quietly but at least, comfortably.