Chapter 9 -Mom, I'm Lost

Hello, readers! :)

I believe this is my very update for this book this year. This is dedicated to CaNdYc0aT3D for becoming my editor. 

Thank you, Jodes! xx

-----

Chapter  9 –Mom, I’m Lost

Christie’s POV

“No, please!” I cried as I threw my hands, pushing him as hard as possible ,using all the strength I could muster.  Tears started to escape from my eyes.

“Christie, wake up.” I heard a familiar voice as she held my shoulder. “Wake up, dear. Wake up.” She continued her whispers as I opened my eyes. “Everything’s fine now”

“Please, don’t!” I whispered softly as tightened my fist and tried pushing. I then felta soothing stroke from my arms to my hands.

“You’re safe now…” Another familiar voice I heard which I believe belonged to Zoey. I was almost blinded by the lights and the whiteness of the room. I tried my best to keep my eyelids open and looked at my mom.

“W-where am I?” I asked as the room wasn’t so familiar with me. The walls and the ceilings were painted in a brightwhite. “W-why…H-how?” I asked as I tried to normalize my breathing.

My hands were still shaking and cold. I could feel my body was weak and tired after that horrifying night. Last night was probably the worse night of my life. I bit my chapped, sore lips as I took a deep breath and adjusted to everything—the environment, the lights, the dull white walls.

“You’re at St. Martin’s hospital. You’ve been out for two days.” My mom told me as she took my hand and squeezed it lightly. I have been out for two days? H-how could that possibly be? I looked around, my mouth hungopen and I purposely closed it right after I realized it was open.  I then tried to liftmyself into a sitting position but my body failed me.

“Your body isn’t ready yet.” Zoey told me as she and my mom helped me up into a sitting position.

“You look horrible.” I commented as I noticed whatmy best friend looked like. She looked like she hadn’t had any sleep for almost a day or two. Her eyes had dark circles and she had a small but visible pimple onher forehead. Her blonde hair has been tied up messily with some baby hair left falling on thefront of her forehead.

 Courtney then came forward and stood beside Zoey. “You look horrible as well.” I added. Her brunette hair was messily pulled into a bun with some stray hairs flying completely out of place. She had dark and huge bags under her eyes, identical to Zoey’s. Both of them were wearing simple clothes. Zoey had a jeans and tank top on while Courtney had a pullover and leggings.

“You look worse.” Courtney smiled and handed me a bottle of water. “Drink some water; you might want to dampen those chapped lips.” I took the bottle and drank. The feel of the water in my mouth and throat was like heaven. I’ve never known what it feels like in heaven. It’s not like I don’t want to go to heaven. I mean yes, I do but not right now. Though in my situation, maybe I could have been but still not yet, please. What I mean by heaven is that I’ve never felt this thirsty before. I was really out for two days then.