Chapter 28-Unexpected Lunch Date

Whoooot! Another update! <3 This should ahve been up sooner but my nieces nad nephews visited so...you know...I'd have to babysit and play with them. 

unedited.

Chapter 28—Unexpected Lunch Date

“How was the date?” Daniel asked as soon as I’ve placed my bag on the top of my desk. Daniel, together with Emily was already waiting for me at my desk.

Max, who happened to pass by at my desk, stopped and joined them. “Date? You got a date?”

“Max, sorry to inform you but yeah, she had a date.” Daniel immediately answered before I could even react. He then turned his attention back to me. “If you didn’t notice but I think this guy over here likes you but we have to be honest sometimes.”

“What?” Max stuttered as he looked at Daniel with wide eyes. I noticed his cheeks were turning a little pinkish and I joined Emily at laughing. “What are you saying?”

“Daniel, just stop.” I chuckled. “Sorry about that, Max. Danny can be really…uhh, embarrassing?”

“I-it’s alright, Ms. Jenkins.” He murmured, looking everywhere except my eyes.

“Correction, Mr. Shayne.” Daniel said making Max look at his direction. “It’s Mrs. Jenkins. Can’t you see that ring?” He told him pointing at the ring on my finger.

Yes, I’ve been placing it on my ring finger after Daniel found out about Andrew and I. Daniel and Emily were telling me to wear it properly because it leads people to conclusions that I’m not married. They actually pointed out then about their assumption of Max’s crush on me.

“Y-you’re married?!” Max asked me in awe. His green eyes were looking straight at my hazel ones. They were pretty wide, I may add. “W-when?”

“I’ve been married for a couple of months already.” I answered, as I gazed at my hand. It looked perfect with the ring on.

“And someone’s smiling as she stares at her own wedding ring” Emily cooed making me blink my eyes and clear my throat. “so, what happened yesterday?”

I sighed and just turned the computer on.

“You aren’t going to spill any?” Danny asked, sounding hurt. I then glanced at him and he was clutching his hand over his chest. “Why? I thought we’re friends, Christie? Why won’t you tell me?”

“Alright, Danny. We’ve forgotten something.” Emily mumbled looking at Danny meaningfully. They then grinned and greeted me. “Belated happy birthday, Christie!”

“Thank you for greeting me again.” I told them as I typed in my password. “I don’t think I have to report everything to both of you.”

“Oh come on, you don’t really have to give us the deets of your sex but at least how did you guys celebrate your birthday.” Daniel said making me blush. “Right, Em?”

“Could you please tone down your voice?” I shouted in a whisper glancing at our other colleagues.

“Just tell us and we won’t announce anything especially about your sex with him.” Daniel winked at me as he leaned forward, obviously interested with I was about to say.

I groaned and focused my attention back to him. “Alright, alright! But don’t you have work to do?”

“Well, I—” He started but was immediately interrupted when our boss, called for him. “Uhh, laters.” He told us as he waved us goodbye before going inside our boss’ office.