Chapter 42-Father and Son

Third Person Point of View

Andrew was seated on one of the seats in the waiting room as they waited patiently for the doctor's news. Fatima and Cristina were holding each other's hand as they prayed together for Christie and her baby's safety. Cristoph has driven Portia home for her to relax a bit. Being exposed in such a stressful environment might be dangerous for her, after all.

Courtney was fidgeting on her seat while Zoey kept on pacing back and forth. On the other hand, their lovers, Drake and Jay were trying to keep their cool as they sat beside Andrew, sighing every now and then.

As soon as the door in the operating room flew open, every one's attention was on it. The doctor then walked out of the operating room with his eyes scanning the whole room.

"May I know who her family is?" The doctor asked as he removed the mask covering his face. The look on his face was unreadable making everyone feel more nervous than they already were.

"I'm the mother, doc," Cristina immediately stood up, her hand still clutching on her red rosary. "Is my daughter alright?"

"I'm the husband, doc," Andrew spoke making Cristina look at him bitterly. Andrew knew she had every right to do so and he chose to ignore it for now. He had other priorities. "W-what happened to her? T-to our baby?"

"Your wife is still in the early stages of her pregnancy, mister," the doctor started making Fatima and Cristina sob. Both being mothers, they knew how sensitive that stage was. "She is okay now. She didn't have much injury during the accident but the impact in her stomach was the main reason for the miscarriage. We are sorry for the loss. We did our best to save both."

"N-no, no," Andrew cried shaking his head. "You're kidding me, right? We still have our baby, right? You're just playing a prank on me! She told you to play that prank on me, didn't she? She did so she could have her revenge, right?"

"I'm sorry, mister but I am afraid I am telling you the truth and that I am not playing prank on you." The doctor told Andrew. There was a sympathetic look on his face as he looked at Andrew's face.

"Doc, you're needed in room 402." A nurse then called out making the doctor nod at her direction.

"Excuse me but I have to go." The doctor said before giving Andrew a pat on his shoulder.

"You fucked up!" Zoey cried as she slapped Andrew's arms. Her tears were running down her cheeks. "Why, Andrew? Just why?!"

"Babe, stop," Jay whispered to Zoey as he wrapped his arms around her. "He's hurting too, you know?"

"I'm sorry." Zoey mumbled as she dried her cheeks using the back of her hand.

"I guess we should go first, let's go back later when we've all cooled down," Courtney told in a much calm manner. After Zoey nodded at her, she looked at her boyfriend and friend. "Drake? Jay?"