Part 22

After a long year, it was finally prom night. You were finally finishing high school and you couldn't be happier.

Tonight is the night everyone will find out about you and Lena, her family and all the people at school.

Neither of you ever thought that it would go this far without anyone finding out, especially considering how risky you have been for the last month or so.

Now, almost 5 months later, everyone will know the truth. In a way you were happy that no one found out because now you get to go out with a bang, this will definitely be a shock to everyone as they would have never expected you two to date.

You and Lena were ready to share your relationship with the world. You were both very excited for prom as you can finally be together in public.

You got ready as planned, you and Lena wearing matching outfits. You wore a dark red suit and Lena would wear a dress of the same colour. You couldn't wait to see her in that dress for the first time.

You were driving to prom together with Josh and Taylor, so it would be even more fun. You and Josh rented a luxurious car for the night, splitting the expenses. Josh was going to drive you all to prom and then you will drive everyone back.

Josh and Taylor picked you up from your house at the agreed time and drove you to Lena's house to pick her up.

You leave the car and go knock on the door, Lena still hadn't told her family who her date for prom was.

You could see the shock on Lillians face as she opened the door. "You're Lena's date?" Lilian asks in disbelief as she looks you up and down seeing your matching outfit to Lena's.

You smirk a little deciding to have some fun with it since Lena wasn't there yet. "Oh yeah... You know how it is, " you start. "She basically begged me to go with her. I'm a little short on cash and she'll pay well so...here we are, " you say in a totally serious tone.

You see Lillian stare in shock and Lena comes from behind the door just as Lilian is about to say something.

"Y/n stop that," Lena says, laughing as she comes into view. Your jaw drops when you see her. You were speechless and that caused Lena to chuckle. "Damn," you say after a few seconds of staring, completely forgetting of Lillian's presence as she stares at the two of you in confusion.

"I got you these," you say as you pass her a bouquet of flowers. "Aww, thank you!" Lena replies.

"We should get going, don't want to be late," you say as you take her hand. Lena asks her mother to put the bouquet of flowers in water as she follows you out the door.

Lillian has still yet to say a word as she nods. "I think we broke her," you say as you walk away, causing Lena to giggle cutely. "she's processing," Lena smiles.

You open the door for Lena as you get to the car, shutting it behind her as you walk around to the other side and get in yourself.

You arrive at prom 10 minutes later as you once again open the door for Lena and Josh does the same for Taylor.

You take Lena's hand as she steps out of the car before linking her arm through yours. You walk into the building, receiving stares from so many people.

Some were judgy, but a lot of them were just shocked. Everyone got over the initial shock and focused on their own experience and dates.

The four of you had the time of your life at prom. You all spent a lot of time hanging out and dancing around and just enjoying your last moments of high school.

A slow song came on and you and Lena started swaying to the music, lost in each other's embrace.

You moved together perfectly as your bodies closed the gap between you. You rested your heads against each other's shoulders.

After a few moments, you lift your head slightly closer to her ear as you continue to sway to the music.

"I love you Lena," you whisper in her ear, you were scared about being the first to say it but maybe she was too so you thought why not, especially after almost 5 months together.

"I love you too," she whispers and places a kiss on your cheek. You move your heads back, making eye contact for a moment before you share a sweet kiss.

You always saw it in movies but never thought it was possible, to share a kiss with someone that makes the world stop moving, for everyone around you to vanish as if you were the only two people left on the planet.

That's what this kiss was for you. Although it only lasted a few seconds, it felt like forever as everything seemed to be in slow motion.

You smiled as you pulled apart. You were happy. You were grateful to have the Luthors in your life as they seem to be the only people that could make you happy or that ever cared about you at all.

The night ended on a good note. Once it came time to return home, you started looking for Taylor and Josh.

You found them making out in some corner, which really wasn't a surprise. "Come on, love birds. Let's go home, " you say, pulling them out of their trance.

You only needed one look to see something was up, "are you two seriously drunk right now?" You question in disbelief.

"Whaaaat noooo!" Taylor whines unconvincingly. "Oh my god, you two are such idiots. Where did you even get alcohol? " you mumble.

"She knows," Josh 'whispers' in Taylor's ear. "No, they don't, be quiet," Taylor slurrs. You face palm, seeing them getting drunk every chance they get.

You only separated from them an hour ago, how were they already that drunk. "Okay, let's just go," you say, not wanting to deal with their bullshit.

You all get into the car and you drive josh home first, helping him inside as he could barely walk while Lena stayed in the car with Taylor, making sure she doesn't do anything stupid.

You then drop off Taylor doing the same for her, making sure she gets in safe this time Lena coming inside with you too.

"Didn't realize I'm babysitting today," you say with a chuckle as this always happens when they get drunk.

Lena just offers you an encouraging smile as you head back to the car. You drive Lena home as it starts to rain heavily. You make sure to pay extra attention to the road as visibility was bad and you were in a very expensive rented car.

You finally reach her house and step out of the car. You got the door for her again. "You didn't have to get out. it's lashing," Lena says softly.

"It's okay, I don't mind. I like rain. " You grin. You walk her to her door before you share a goodbye kiss in the rain.

You watch in awe as she goes inside. You go back to the car and drive home happily. You were over the moon right now and nothing could ruin your happiness.

You got home, making sure to park the car safely in your garage. You fall into bed as soon as you reach your room after stripping most of your clothes on the way.

You couldn't help but smile as you went to sleep. It all felt like a dream, but it wasn't. It was real. You got something good for once. Something that you hoped would never change.