Part 29

"Ugh, finally," you groan as you plop down onto your bed, finally having finished your last exam for the semester.

You didn't think it was hard, but there was still a lot of pressure keeping up with all your classes and other things, so you were glad it was over for the next few weeks.

Lena giggles at the state of you. She breezed through the exams like it was nothing. "It wasn't even that bad, was it?" Lena says with a chuckle as she leans down to peck your lips.

"Not really no, just annoying." You laugh as you pull her onto the bed, causing her to shriek followed by giggles.

She cuddles into you as you lay there for a while, thinking. "When do you want to go back to see your family over the holidays?" You finally ask as you play with strands of her hair splayed over you.

She looks up at you with a grin, "we're gonna go?!" She questions excitedly. You could see that she missed her family. There was no way you wouldn't.

"What do you mean. Of course we're going to see your family for Christmas. I know you miss them and the drive isn't even that bad," you say. You never talked about what holidays would be like, but you just figured it was obvious that you would go back on the longer holidays.

"I don't know. I just thought maybe you won't want to since your family, y'know-" Lena says. "Your family is my family Lena" you tell her softly as you brush her hair out of her face.

"Plus we need a break from this place anyway," you add and Lena nods in agreement. "Honestly, let's just go tomorrow, surprise your family. I'm sure they are not expecting us for another few days."

"Yes, let's do that. I miss them!" Lena says excitedly and you smile. "Come on, let's get packing." Lena chirps as she sits up quickly.

You groan as you were enjoying the cuddles but got up anyway to help her pack. You packed up some stuff that you would need for the car ride but left most things behind as you both had clothes and such left at your homes.

---

The next morning you woke up at a reasonable time and went to get breakfast. You took your time eating and chatting as that was something you actually had time for now that your exams were over.

You didn't plan a concrete time to leave the college to head home so you ended up leaving a little later than expected as you wanted to hang out with Kat for a bit since you've become good friends and you wouldn't see her for a few weeks now until classes start up again.

It was already getting late once you got back to the city. "I think we should go back to mine, sleep off the night and then go to your parents" you say "I don't think it's a good idea to show up unannounced and this late in the evening"

"Yeah, totally. I'm honestly too tired right now to see them." Lena agrees, so you do just that. Drive to your house to sleep and prepare to see her parents in the morning.

"It feels weird to be in my own bed," you say as you lay there, having gotten used to the dorm beds. "I'm just glad to have a decent size bed." Lena chuckles as you had been sharing a single bed for a few months.

"One of the perks of being home I guess," you mumble. "The quiet too. It's rare to have a peaceful night at the dorm. There's always someone interrupting and being loud." You add and Lena hums in agreement.

You turn off your bedside light and pull Lena closer into your chest. "Goodnight, my love," you whisper in her ear, causing a blush to rise up her cheeks that you couldn't make out in the dark.

"Goodnight," she replied shyly. You loved that after so many months of dating, she still got shy when you said certain things or called her certain pet names.

---

You woke up, checking the time you saw that it was 8 am. Lena was still asleep, but you wanted to go shower.

You shuffled out of bed, trying not to wake her. You went into your bathroom and brushed your teeth first before grabbing a towel from the cupboard and going to get some clothes from your wardrobe.

Lena stirs awake as you finish getting ready to go shower. "What are you doing?" Lena asked sleepily, with her eyes barely open.

"I'm going to take a shower," you tell her as you place a soft kiss on her cheek. "You're welcome to join me," you say with a small smirk.

"Can't argue with that," Lena grins as she all but jumps out of the bed suddenly, causing you to laugh. "See you in there then," you smirk as you open the bathroom door.

Lena comes in seconds later as you start stripping off your clothes after letting the water run so it could heat up.

Lena looks you up and down as you pull off your shirt. You scoff jokingly at the action. She's always checking you out when you're getting changed or undressed.

"Come on, there's no time to waste," you say as you step into the warm shower, Lena following quickly after.

You helped Lena wash her long hair by massaging the shampoo into her scalp. And then applying conditioner to her hair after rinsing out the shampoo.

You enjoyed the heat of the shower, wrapping your arms around Lena's waist and placing a small kiss to the back of her shoulder and neck...

---

"Come on, we need to go. You look great, I promise," you say as Lena has already switched her outfit 3 times, a mixture of your clothes and clothes that she had left at your house during the summer.

"Alright, alright, I'm coming," she says as she pulls on her coat.

---

A/n: Sorry for the long wait. I had exams and it has been hard to find motivation and ideas to write lately.