Part 24

A couple of days later, one of your good friends Alex returned from vacation after being gone for almost a month.

Lex decided to throw a mini party for his return for your friend group. Lex let you invite any of your friends too so it would be more fun.

It was all your mutual friends and then yours and Lex's separate friends. It turned out to be around 20 people altogether. It was a good opportunity for you to meet Lex's other friends and vice versa.

The party was nothing crazy, just a lot of snacks and party games. Alcohol was involved, but no one drank a lot.

Lena actually joined in this time, unlike every other party where she would lock herself in her room.

As the party was in full swing someone recommended to play truth or dare, which everyone agreed on.

"Lex truth or dare," Taylor asks. "Dare," Lex says after thinking for a minute. "I dare you to... do your best sexy crawl," Taylor says with a chuckle.

Everyone laughs as Lex's face drops. "Why are your friends so mean?" lex says to you jokingly before doing the dare.

"Okay, truth or dare Alex," Lex asks as he finishes his dare. Having seen what lex was dared to do, he chose truth.

"Who is your crush right now?" Lex asks as Alex never tells the group who he likes. "Nooo," Alex whines, not wanting to answer the question. "You have to answer or take a shot of hot sauce," you remind him.

That's how you always played. If you don't answer the question or do the dare you had to take a shot of hot sauce.

He ponders his options for a second before drinking the shot. Everyone is shocked that he would rather do that than answer such an easy question.

You thought that was a little suspicious, so you began to suspect that it must be someone in the friend group.

"Y/n truth or dare," Alex questions. "I'll do a dare," you say. "I dare you to-" he starts as he looks around the room. "-to kiss Lena," he says with a smirk.

You then realize that he doesn't know about you two dating as he's been away a while and you never really brought it up while texting.

"Really?" You say. "Such an easy one," you add. "Then do it," he says, thinking you wouldn't. He really has missed a lot.

You approached Lena as she was sitting on the opposite side of the circle. You lean down and press your lips together, pulling away a few seconds later before placing another small peck on her lips.

You move back to where you sat earlier as you smirk at Alex on the way back. "That's so not fair she gets to kiss her girlfriend as a dare and I had to do that," Lex pouts.

You chuckled at Alex's reaction. "Wait, g-girlfriend," he stutters. It was funny watching everyone's reactions. Most people there knew except Alex and a couple others.

The people that didn't know had shocked expressions on their face as Lex had always made it clear that Lena was off limits, they hadn't realized that the rule didn't apply to you for whatever reason.

You saw as the shock on Alex's face wore off and then was replaced by a sadder expression. The whole atmosphere changed after and you saw that Alex looked quite upset for the rest of the party.

It really didn't take much thought to connect the dots. Alex didn't want to reveal who his crush was because it was Lena.

You played truth or dare for a while longer until everyone had a turn. After truth or dare, many of the people left. It was just you, Lex, Lena, Taylor, Josh and three of your closest mutual friends left.

Now that there were only 8 of you left, you all went to the games room. Some people played on the gaming console while others played pool or table tennis.

You didn't mention the energy shift after Alex had found out about you and Lena dating as no one else brought it up or seemed to have noticed it.

You had a great night nonetheless and you were happy to spend the night with all the people you care about.