Part 33

You set off from the Luthor mansion at exactly 8 to pick up Taylor and Josh before going to the New Year's celebration.

You arrived at the location at a little past 8, so you still had quite a few hours to hang out until the clock strikes twelve.

Many of your and Lenas friends arrived over the next hour as this was your one big chance to celebrate together before you all go your separate ways again.

The place was packed as everyone was celebrating, but that didn't stop you all from hanging out and having fun.

"Hey babe. Look, Lex brought a girl," Lena says, a little surprised as he and the girl approach the group. "Damn, well, that's unexpected," you joke.

"Hey Lex, who's this?" You ask with a small smirk tugging on your lips. "Oh uh this is Eve" Lex says, a little embarrassed. "Nice to meet you, Eve. I'm Y/n," you tell her, receiving a smile from the girl.

Everyone else introduces themselves also and you all continue to chat casually as you all go to get drinks. The night was still young and you had time to waste.

You spent a lot of time talking and playing some drinking games, which quickly led to some of your friends getting pretty drunk. You of course stayed off the booze as you were driving tonight and instead drank non alcoholic drinks.

You sat back and watched as Sarah and Taylor drunkingly danced along to the music. Luckily Lena decided not to drink too much, so you had the company of at least one mostly sober person.

Taylor was already wasted as per usual, so you kept a close eye on her, making sure she didn't do anything stupid.

You looked away for a second and when you reverted your eyes back to the girls you saw Taylor trying to pull off her shirt. You quickly jumped to your feet and stopped her from doing so.

"Not again," you mumble under your breath as this happens almost every time she gets really drunk. "Lena can you please get her some water?" You ask as you don't want to leave Taylor to do something stupid.

"Yeah of course." Lena replies as she goes to get some. She returns quickly and you tell Taylor to drink the water, hoping it will help sobber her up. It was almost 11pm by now and you didn't want her to be blacked out drunk by the time midnight strikes.

You did not sign up for babysitting tonight, but that's what it seems to be turning into. "Here, sit down, Tay. Josh, come here too." You say as you help Taylor sit.

You motion him to sit beside his girlfriend and then the rest of the crew come too and all find seats nearby and sit down. "Please just stay here all of you and talk or something. No more drinks until midnight," you tell them sternly as you wanted to enjoy your night for a bit instead of babysitting them.

Some of them started singing along to the music and dancing around a little bit but you didn't care as long as they weren't stripping or putting themselves in danger.

"How about a dance?" You ask Lena, holding out your hand. "Of course," she says with a smile as she takes your hand. You take her aside and start dancing to the music.

As you dance in the crowd you see a guy staring at Lena. You give him a death stare and he looks away awkwardly pretending like he wasn't just gawking at her.

After a couple of songs, you decide to go back to the group who were for once not doing anything stupid as they sat there and talked about life.

You always found it funny how some people would start talking about the meaning of life and stuff like that when they got drunk.

Some time passes and it was nearing midnight. "I'm going to get a bottle of champagne," Lena says as she looks at the time seeing it's 15 minutes before midnight.

You were stuck in a conversation with Taylor, so you figured it was fine if she goes to get drinks. A couple minutes later, Taylor finished her rant and you quickly excused yourself saying that you wanted to check up on Lena as she was taking longer than expected.

Once you neared the bar, the sight in front of you made your blood boil. The same guy from before was standing way too close and flirting with Lena.

Lena smiled at him politely, but you could tell that she was uncomfortable. She took a step back to put some distance between herself and the guy, who just invaded her personal space again.

You walked towards them quickly, "dude, seriously?" You ask, annoyed knowing damn well that he saw you dancing together, closer than friends would be and still decided to flirt with your girl and make her uncomfortable.

"First you stare at her like a creep and now you're invading her personal space. Get lost jackass," you say angrily and the man stares at you dumbfounded.

"How dare you speak to me like that," he says angrily. "I can talk to whoever I want, little girl," he snarls.

"First of all I'm taller than you little boy" you say mockingly "and second of all if you so much as look at my girlfriend again I'm going to gut you like a fucking pig and wear your fucking intestines as a decoration." You whisper yell as you get in his face, making him step back.

"What you don't like it when I invade your personal space?" You ask sarcastically. "Walk away, now." You demand as you stand tall, showing him that you won't back down.

"Come on, love," you say as you intertwine your hands together, leaving the man standing there in shock for a while before he walks away.

You take a deep breath to calm yourself before approaching the bar and asking for a bottle of champagne. "Let's celebrate," you say with a smile as you hold up the bottle.

Lena quickly seemed to forget about the previous situation as you joined back with the group. You were glad that the interaction didn't affect her night too much.

Lex poured the champagne as the time was near. 3 minutes till midnight. You each took a glass as you went to the dance floor before the final countdown began.

Everyone gets louder as excitement fills the air. You can hear people all around you starting to count down from 10.

You pull Lena in closer as midnight strikes, connecting your lips in a kiss. "Happy New Year, my love," you say with a big smile plastered across your face as you pull away from the kiss. "Happy New Year," Lena says back before kissing you again.

"They are really going at it," you say as you look around, seeing several couples from your friend group making out heavily, causing Lena to laugh. "Can't say I'm surprised," she comments.

You take a sip of the champagne that you were still holding before placing it down on a nearby table as you didn't really like it and had no intention of drinking more, especially since you were driving.

After an hour or so everyone slowly started leaving, one by one. You made sure that none of them drive home as they had all been drinking.

When everyone else left safely, you were satisfied to go. You drove Taylor and Josh home before going back to Lenas to hopefully sleep until noon.