Book 5 Chapter 31

B5C31: Underground battle

The artificial mountain in the northern part of the Blood-red Cave occupies a very large area. The secret rooms under it are constructed next to each other in a systematically irregular manner like a maze. Together, they occupy an area that is at least 1 km in both length and width.

Qin Yu is standing with his back against a corner.

"Black jade case? One of the 9 Swords? 8th Majesty Di Tong?" Hearing what Cha Hong said inside, he has a rough idea of what is going on.

Obviously the black jade case was relatively difficult to open. Cha Hong had to spend 100 years to open it and there is one of the 9 Swords in it. However, now 8th Majesty of the Nine Demons Hall wants to rob him of that sword.

"Cha Hong had to spend 100 years to open that black jade case, plus he's been very careful, but in the end it'll still be snatched by 8th Majesty of the Nine Demons Hall himself." Qin Yu feels his heart beating slightly faster. When even the Nine Demons Hall is so eager to have that jade sword, what kind of treasure is it?

Because he is holding his breath completely and is using the Northern Darkness, his body is not giving off a bit of his aura.

"I can't observe with my eyes. Both Cha Hong and Di Tong are Dongxu experts and highly gifted, if I look at them, perhaps this'll make them notice me." At this point, Qin Yu definitely cannot afford to make a mistake.

He stands closely to the wall and focuses his entire attention on his ears. Now he can only eavesdrop on the conversation between the 2 of them to guess the situation inside.

In the secret room,

Di Tong is neither arrogant nor impatient. He is not worried in the slightest either. He looks casually at Cha Hong. In his view, Cha Hong is basically defenseless against him and once he gets into action, he will succeed with ease. Therefore, even though Cha Hong has personalized the jade sword by blood, Di Tong is not worried by this at all.

"That jade sword has fused with your body. Are you ready yet?" Di Tong looks at Cha Hong with a mocking smile. His manner is not fierce or imposing but there is an air of absolute sureness about him.

Facing Di Tong, Cha Hong, who has personalized the jade sword, is not frightened in the least.

"Di Tong, did you kill my 2nd brother?" Cha Hong asks.

Di Tong nods smilingly.

"Why? My 2nd brother was only at the middle Yuanying stage. He wasn't a threat to you at all, why did you kill him?" Cha Hong's expression changes to the point where it looks very unpleasant. Di Tong, however, laughs out loud coldly.

"Ha-ha, such deep brotherhood. Ha-ha ... this is really laughable as hell." There is a note of disdain in his hysterical laughter.

He then looks at Cha Hong and says coldly: "Don't pretend you care deeply about your brother like that. Just now you personalized that jade sword but you basically haven't finished familiarizing yourself with it using your internal flame. Perhaps now you're burning it with your demonic spiritual flame, right?"

"Humph, you're talking to me here only to buy some time to familiarize yourself with the sword so that you can control it more easily." Di Tong has quickly figured out Cha Hong's goal.

However, Cha Hong's expression is unchanged. He does not deny or admit it.

"All right, I can wait for you." Di Tong folds his arms before his chest and slightly raises his chin. He stares coldly at Cha Hong while waiting for Cha Hong to familiarize himself with the jade sword. He is totally confident that he is going to win this fight.