Happy New Year

Let's start the New year with a bang shall we? 😝

Happy reading
❤️🌻

.
❣️
.

My eyes scanned every room of the house and I watched in skeptical awe as alcohol shot down peoples throats at an alarming rate. I was no stranger to intoxication but I'd never seen such a large group of people this age drinking this fast. 

Kongpob had spent the prior week convincing me that a New Years Party would be an amazing idea. I was all for it until he rolled out who he was planing to invite. Not that I had any sort of problem or strong hatred towards his offline friends it's just they seemed to stare at me oddly at any given opportunity or just in my presence behaved in an otherwise unpleasant manner.

There was one person in particular I definitely wasn't too keen to invite and I'd spent the the whole time trying to convince Kongpob not to invite him. Kongpob's ex-boyfriend. Kongpob and I weren't exactly a couple, not yet anyways but I'd had something planned for New Years for a while that I definitely did not want Kongpob's previous lover witnessing. 

"You're not even official."

My subconscious sneers at me and I bat it off with the beautiful memories of our shared intimacy. We'd never actually had sex or for that matter, never done anything more than kissing but for the moment that was enough, because every time our lips collided it was like nothing else mattered and the whole word went numb, it was just me and him and with our lips woven together that was all that was important. 

And that's how I envision tonight. People screaming the countdown and when one arrives our eyes lock and then so do our lips. I'm still wandering the party in search of Kongpob when I spot Ohm the infamous ex across the room and I sigh heavily as he waves me over and for some reason, unknown to even me. I find myself wandering towards him. 

"Hey P'Arthit!"

He calls, pretty loudly considering I'm now in front of him. 

"Where's Kong?" I question, dismaying greetings. 

"I don't know."

"Good, and don't bother looking for him either. He doesn't like you anymore so don't even bother trying."

I snap, anger bubbling in the pit of my stomach and rising out my mouth. A look of confusion plastered itself onto Ohm's face, his eyebrows knitted together, mouth set in a hard line and his eyes squinted and looking at me with bewilderment. 

"Have I done somet-"

And his words disappear into the air as I walk away and continue my search for Kongpob. 11:49 reads the time on my watch.

11 minutes. That's all I have left to find him. 11 minutes. 

Weaving my way in and out of the sweaty bodies that now litter my own house, I push people out of the way and ignore the protests that come along with it. Alcoholic beverages spill onto my top and I consider changing but the time on my watch tells me that would be a bad idea. 

Then I hear him.  His laugh.

Recognisable to me from any distance despite it being quiet and him usually covering his mouth with his hand, which consequently muffles the sound even more. However, to me it's not. It's like when he laughs every thing else just goes silent and he's the only one even making a noise. It sounds disgustingly cliche but he can light up a bloody room with his laugh and it makes my heart do a million summersaults.