Love Him, Hate Him {alternate ending}

This is an alternate ending guys since in the original they didn't end up together. So technically a continuation of the first part.

Happy reading loves!
❤️🌻

.
❣️
.

Kongpob was being distant the whole time. Yes there was always a pregnant silence every time they met. But this time it was different. Kongpob was here to meet Arthit after it felt like an eternity. His hands barely touched Arthit. Instead they were tucked deep into the pockets of his loose shorts.

The one Arthit always made fun of but secretly loved. There were a lot of things Arthit loved about him. More than everything he loved Kong!

Kong wanted to stay as friends with benefit. That was his main condition. Arthit nodded numbly as the ocean air blew his hair away from his face. He felt uncomfortably exposed.

"Is that okay?"

Kongpob had asked softly. Arthit couldn't speak. He couldn't even look at kong in the eye much less form words through his swimming thoughts.

Arthit just nodded again.

The worst part was probably the fact that he had remained friends. He sat through the same whispered conversations of secrets no one else could know. There was one day Kongpob even held Arthit's hand again as they roamed through the crawl spaces this small town had to offer.

He never gave Arthit a reason.

Arthit wasn't sure he could handle one. He still loved him. Despite everything. Despite knowing Kongpob is getting married in a month.

🌸🌸🌸

A gust of autumn air made Arthit's eyes sting. He could feel the pinch of frost at his cheeks as he grit his teeth. His feet had taken him to a playground. The same one Arthit and his father used to play pirates on, conquering the seven seas. Where he and Kongpob shared their first tentative kiss under the slides.

Arthit climbed up on to the tallest platform of the old wooden structure. It felt cold as he used his hands to steady himself sitting down. Arthit's shoes dangled off the edge as his head leaned against one of the wooden posts. It was a long time until he heard someone walk up beside him.

Familiar hands took their place next to him, the same shoes dangled off the side next to his and a mop of dark hair flew slightly in the wind.

"Hey!"

Kongpob whispered as he nudged Arthit with his elbow. He grinned at Arthit a little, the temperature eliciting the slightest pink blush from his cheeks. Arthit turned to look at him slowly, returning with a tight lipped grin of his own. Arthit resisted the urge to sigh, or maybe throw himself off the top of the playground. It was silent for a moment as the two of them stared off into the distance. Kongpob nudged Arthit again with his hand, though this time lingering, holding, squeezing his. Arthit closed his eyes as he willed the electricity away.

"Are you okay?"

Arthit didn't bother opening his eyes to respond. After all it was only fucking in filthy hotels without talking. Only when Kongpob comes to Arthit's place there'll be some talking which didn't happen for a long time now since Kongpob wants to be friends with benefit after getting engaged.

"What do you want, Kong?"

"Wh-what are you talking about?"

He whispered softly. Arthit let out the breath he didn't realize he was holding in a cloud of translucent steam. Arthit whispered back just as softly.